suited up with what I have so far...

woodman

I am a husky guy and have waited most of this year to drop enough inches around the gut to feel ok with how I look in armor well I couldnt wait any longer. I almost lost enough to skip the shim but I needed 1" on each side so I am just going with it. This is what I have so far. I am short so the thighs are going to need a fair amount cut from the top and a return edge done. I am also reworking the shoulders so I had to leave them off for now. I think the length of the chest is too long as well.

tell me what you think. I'll say this I have seen alot fatter troopers!

Posted Image

Never mind the extra pounds buddy, there are a lot more heavy troopers around ;) ..The chest plate does look too big, but to keep the overall shape in it you need to be very careful when you decide to trim some off.

Helmet looks sweet already btw and I love the Han in carbonite..

I am a husky guy and have waited most of this year to drop enough inches around the gut to feel ok with how I look in armor well I couldnt wait any longer. I almost lost enough to skip the shim but I needed 1" on each side so I am just going with it. This is what I have so far. I am short so the thighs are going to need a fair amount cut from the top and a return edge done. I am also reworking the shoulders so I had to leave them off for now. I think the length of the chest is too long as well.

tell me what you think. I'll say this I have seen alot fatter troopers!

Posted Image

hey buddy! i'm the short,stocky type too,don't worry its how the armour looks thats important! your doing ok so far! B)

which weapon are you going for bro???

;) e-11 on private usually,but that 21 sure looks cool bro!......got any orange pauldron paint???? :P keep up the good work B)B)

I have all three pauldrons and a T-21,E-11 and a DLT-19 and all the pouches to do all of the troopers. I have enough parts to make pack #5 and #3 so I will probably do a Captain first then "move along" from there. LOL!

I agree with dutchy, don't worry about the little extra weight. You look great already, and sounds like you're on the "no-shim-soon-enough-anyway" plan. B)

The chest is too low / big... mainly on the edges.

But the armor is looking good so far!

I'll echo what Juan said too in that your bucket is already awesome! :duim:

Hey brother,

Looks great, I agree about the chest bit if you trim the points and put a return after you'll be there, the helmet looks sweet, and you look like your going to beat the cra....

out of some one, You look great, once you get everything on and weathered, its going to be awesome, can you match that weathering that you did on the helmet??

Thanks for the PM,

Speak to you soon,

AL