first time armor buyer

ENFORCER

Hi there, i am in the midst of looking up armor that will be value for money and meet the requirements to join 501st. I was wondering if any fellow members could give me some advice on where to even start????

All help is gratefully appreciated

Thanks in advance

Rob

PS i live in Niagara Falls Canada, so if anybody knows of a north American vendor that would be great.

Thank you for a quick reply, i will look them up.

Thanks

Rob

Hey Rob....welcome brother.

Absolutely check out the supplied links. you should find the answers you are looking for there. Once you get the armor nailed down you will find tons of options for additional pieces to go with it. let us know when we can help and please keep us posted on your progress :)

Hey Rob....welcome brother.

Absolutely check out the supplied links. you should find the answers you are looking for there. Once you get the armor nailed down you will find tons of options for additional pieces to go with it. let us know when we can help and please keep us posted on your progress :)

Thanks Dirty Boy, i looked up Nols links and it's pretty safe to say a bit overwhelming at the armor that is available. I am thinking on going with the ABS armor, reason being that it already has the gloss fininsh. I am open to suggestions on different armor, thanks again to those of the MEPD who rsponded to this call for help.

Thanks everyone

Robmac

Thanks Dirty Boy, i looked up Nols links and it's pretty safe to say a bit overwhelming at the armor that is available. I am thinking on going with the ABS armor, reason being that it already has the gloss fininsh. I am open to suggestions on different armor, thanks again to those of the MEPD who rsponded to this call for help.

Thanks everyone

Robmac

My experience with variety of armor is small... but from I have seen and read online I feel confident enough to say the following:

TE2 armor (The one I own) is probably the best most versatile armor for trooping as TDs based on its accuracy, lineage, material and difficult to assemble.

My other fav, although I have never seen one in person is TM. Being it the most accurate ANH armor, with super shinny material (that, I have seen) but more difficult to assemble.

If you are going TD, you have no need for a shinny armor, unless that is the look you want to achieve.

Having said that, there is no better or worse armor in every single characteristic. It is more a matter of what you want, what you need, what will you be doing with (in) it and how much you want to spend.

I can say though, go for a good armor from the first time. It is not as difficult as it looks to, and if you get into the hobby as many of us have, as soon as you finish your first kit, you will be looking at parts that will need fixing and so on. With a better kit, you will probably get a better result.

but anyway, even if you got a sencond hand FX lite kit with a second hand ANH bucket, with work and love, you can end up with an amazing TD armor!!!

:D

Saludos

One of the things that's cool about the TE2 armor — in my opinion — is that you HAVE to paint it. So, especially for sandtroopers, you get nice little "drips" and "runs" here and there. B)

thanks again guys, you have all given me some good homework to do. one question that keeps going over and over again is the fact that i am 6' 5" are there armor available in my size??

There are some TALL troopers out there, and yes, you can make just about any armor work for you.

I've heard the thighs on TM are longer than the thighs on TE2 or AP... so that might be something to consider/research.

But it really comes down to assembly.

You most certainly will have a "bit more black" showing than us 5'11" troopers, but that doesn't keep you from looking just as bad *** as any other TD!

There are some TALL troopers out there, and yes, you can make just about any armor work for you.

I've heard the thighs on TM are longer than the thighs on TE2 or AP... so that might be something to consider/research.

But it really comes down to assembly.

You most certainly will have a "bit more black" showing than us 5'11" troopers, but that doesn't keep you from looking just as bad *** as any other TD!

Thanks a lot Nol