Grout?

FryGuy

• 4 weeks later...

Look at the last pic I posted in my "weathering woodmans' armor" thread, I used non-sanded natural colored grout and I think it looks awesome. I sponged a bit of grey,light tan/khaki and raw umber paint on the armor but not too big an area and then sprinkled the grout on and with a rubber glove on I lightly rubbed at it and it boned with the paint and made a really great looking real dirt look.Here's the pic

Posted Image

Hey, I used the grout idea. and Works great! I used oil based paints then dusted the paint while wet with grout, and gave it the dusty look and helped the paint dry faster. I even used a sock and dabbed and speared areas as well.

I used a brush and dusted the cracks and crevices of the pauldrons as well, then wipe off excess. I usually do this about every troop.

• 2 weeks later...

Grout is cool, also the textured paints. Forget what you've been told about Ebay, there's a brand known as "Notch" Weathering Powder you can find there, enough to do a full TD plus pack and gat. Ebay is your friend. :rodian:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished weathering via the "grout method" and I am very impressed. I used three different shades of grout (charcoal, sand, and clay colored), and used hairspray as the adhesive. Once dry, I sanded with fine sand paper and rubbed in spots with a crumpeled paper towel. It looks like real desert sand. Thanks for the tip!

Posted Image

• 5 months later...

I recently "upgraded" my weathering using more of the grout method and wanted to post this photo to demonstrate how this effect looks in case others were considering using this technique...

Posted Image