input needed about starting a TD squad in my area?

woodman

In my squad(arkansas crimson nova) when I finish my TD we will have 5 TD's and I myself have all the pouches,pauldrons and guns to do a real squad and they have their stuff too. How do I go about starting a Legion approved TD only squad or can I do such a thing? I want a name and logo you know the whole shabang. Can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend someone to talk to.

I hope this doesnt sound like a crazy idea.

I am open to names as well keep in mind we are all close to central Arkansas so that might work in the name or something.

In my squad(arkansas crimson nova) when I finish my TD we will have 5 TD's and I myself have all the pouches,pauldrons and guns to do a real squad and they have their stuff too. How do I go about starting a Legion approved TD only squad or can I do such a thing? I want a name and logo you know the whole shabang. Can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend someone to talk to.

I hope this doesnt sound like a crazy idea.

I am open to names as well keep in mind we are all close to central Arkansas so that might work in the name or something.

if Im not mistaken a squad will require a minimum of 10 members that are within a close proximity of each other and troop regular events together. they still report to their garrison CO and command team.

Hi Woody, I'm pretty sure that squads are usually based on where you live, not what costume you have. Probably best to ask your Garrison C.O ( Brian, TK 5240)about it.

You can read all there is to know about squads in section C of the 501st charter : http://www.501st.com/charter.php#

Hey Woody,

I think that if you are already part of a squad, chances are that you can't start a new one, based on the fact that in your area there is already a unit covering it.

Legion units are based on geography, not costumes or events.

A squad not only needs 10 members, but it needs them to be in a nearby area that is also apart from the main garrison members, making them difficult to attend main or big troops, or that you can have your own troops where other garrison members could have some difficult to attend because of distance, transportation or similar geographical reasons. And there can not be two units of the same level covering the same area, like two Garrisons.

So, there would not be a reason to start a new squad if your area is already covered by one.

That's what I understand anyway.

But Im sure your GCO has a better understanding of how this works.

What you can do is to group those TDs nearby and start your own troops for fun, Legion publicity or whatever, and only open it for TDs. That can be done no problem.

And then, name that specific group of TDs with a background history and logo or whatever.

We do that here in Mexico city. There are 6 of us TDs here, and we have troops where only TDs are invited. We have a name too: Imperial Elite Squad. And our troops are named Desert Storm Weekends (no relation with Operation Desert Storm). And all that was invented and organized by us TDs, and approved by our Garrison command staff.

Here is a link with this and other ideas:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6186

So... It can be done, but it is not an official unit of the Legion. But, anyway... it is all for fun isn't it?

Hope you can do it.

:)

Saludos.

If you ever need a squad logo, let me know. My graphic design services are for hire! :)

Ditto on that. ;)

I know Terry does awesome stuff too... so you're set in that arena.

And I think it's a cool idea.

I wouldn't call it a "squad" though... like Juan pretty much said.

Call it a "special unit" or... urrmmm... I dunno. :P

But cool idea!

Ditto on that. ;)

I know Terry does awesome stuff too... so you're set in that arena.

And I think it's a cool idea.

I wouldn't call it a "squad" though... like Juan pretty much said.

Call it a "special unit" or... urrmmm... I dunno. :P

But cool idea!

So how much are we talking here?

There was an idea from ages past of calling the group of TD's in a squad or garrison a "patrol". As noted squads are geographic in nature and not bound to a costume type.

You can make a "patrol" as just a fun thing. We've been trying to agree on a name for a Seattle/Vancouver patrol for a long time. We already have matching boonie hats, so why not?

Terry - perhaps we should resurrect this idea for Garrison Titan/[whatever the Vancouver squad of Badlands Garrison will be called when you form it]?

There was an idea from ages past of calling the group of TD's in a squad or garrison a "patrol". As noted squads are geographic in nature and not bound to a costume type.

Oooo... I like "patrol!"

Okay... I need to do this for here too.

Maybe we should do one TD "patrol" logo that we could then add something to for each patrol. Like the specific name... or region... or something.

I am leaning towards the name... ARPD

RAZORBACK UNIT

The logo would have a TD framed mid-chest with his finger pointed at you like the classic Uncle Sam pose with a red pauldron since the Arkansas Razorback colors are red and white. I'm not asking for a freebie here but can someone throw something simple together to look at. doesnt need to be good just a visual idea. really rough.