GOTARMOR pack build

gotarmor

I began by building the Sonix radio with ABS plastic using apeers template.

Posted Image

I used tylenol caps for the small knobs.

Posted Image

I also built the box out of ABS adding supports on every corner.

Posted Image

I used Crashmann's large radio knob and Radio shack toggle switches. Then I sprayed the whole thing in primer then in flat black.

Posted Image

I also used Crashmann's mushrooms, as you can see they are way better than the pudding cups I bought on Ebay.

Posted Image

I managed to bend the top of the frame to make it more accurate.

Posted Image

I cut pvc pipe at a 45 degree angle and mounted the shotgun shells on it to separate the shells from the seed trays.

Posted Image

End result

Posted Image

I used a round soap dish that has a flat top to make the exaust manifold. I added some small triangles too.

Posted Image

I then added all the details, hose clamp and zip tie.

Posted Image

I used the faucet cover and made a PVC frame.

Posted Image

Here's the completed pack.

Posted Image

Test fit

Posted Image

Posted Image

really impressive work!! specially on the face radio!

i think the blue paint that you used is not really good, perhaps just the light/picture done this.

Should the blue be more grey or what do you think i should do to the blue to make it right? Maybe more grey? I shot the blue over a black base. This is good, I like constructive criticism.

Efrain

Should the blue be more grey or what do you think i should do to the blue to make it right? Maybe more grey? I shot the blue over a black base. This is good, I like constructive criticism.

Efrain

Hey Efrain. The blue color should be a bit more of a blue / gray. I use Rustoleum Slate Blue on all my pack builds. You can get it at Home Depot.

I prep the plastic areas by wet sanding and painting with either Rustoleum Black for plastic or Krylon Fusion Black. The Slate Blue is not for plastics, so it adheres much better to the surfaces if you paint it with the plastics paint first.

That's what I did, I furst sprayed it with Fusion black then with the blue. I'll look again for the slate blue, they didn't have it at my local Home Depot. Thanks for the feedback, I apreciate it.

Efrain

I personally use the Rustoleum lake Blue....its super hard to find in stores. periodically it will show up on ebay or amazon. last time i found it i bought 4 cases