TD Armor for my boy

Quartermaster

Build Update!! Helmet is basically done. All painting done, tube stripes installed, Neck and brow trim installed, metal mesh in frown, hovis and mirrored green lenses. Just gonna put some padding in there and if I have time a small fan, maybe a cheap mic and amp. Used resin cast screen accurate hovis, but I sanded them down a bit to make them a tad shorter. They were too long and looked wierd sticking so far out.

Here are a few pics next to a full size MRCE Bucket.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for all the great comments on this! It has been a lot of fun! :D

Finished the inside of the bucket.

Padding installed. Even put some thin padding around the bottom of the lenses (the boy was complaining that the bottom edges of the lenses were touching his face just below his eye).

Also installed a squirrel fan, switch and 9v batt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK everyone. The boys gear is completed! Goin to wait to weather it until after Halloween. He wants to be shiny for his school parade.

And now for the unveiling.....drum roll please........................

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Couldn't find any TK boots in a size 2, so for now I picked up a cheap pair of mostly white sneakers from walmart for about $8 and spray painted them with Krlon Fusion Gloss White.

Also had a real rubber tubing neck seal that I got from Rom/FX awhile back and only used once. I cut it down to his size and it fits perfectly!

Also managed to put an SEA Small Talk Amp behind the chest plate and hot glue the small mic in the frown.

Got it off Ebay for $9!

Posted Image

MAN!!!!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I need to get one kit like that!

It looks amazing. Its almost kind of stylized like an cartoon action Sandtrooper!!!

Like it a lot and think it matches your son perfectly.

It has a look somewhere in between an accurate TD and a manga TD.

The two last pictures are awesome!

I most get one of those for my baby. Just need to wait 5 more months for it to be born, then a few more years till it fits.

The good news is that I think TD armor is unisex!

;)

Congrats bro!

Your kid is going to have an awesome halloween for sure!

Saludos.

Now that is one happy little trooper there! He even got all the trooper poses right. You must be so proud John! :D

I am Gordon! He is really a great kid. I'm very lucky.

Gonna look into the Cadet Academy for him through the Legion.

• 1 month later...

This is great

Ive just got my sons armour and the hardest part was checking it all out and then having to put it back and xmas wrap it and send it off to santa, cant wait to begin work on this for my son.

id like to ask if i may the measurements for the frame of the back pack your son looks very similar in size to mine .

and as i live in the UK getting those accurate pack pack parts is impossible do you have a source for those parts please id be very greatful if you could let me know

• 8 months later...

The words;

"Aren't you a little short of a Stormtrooper" spring to mind.

Thats fantastic. My 8 years old. AND my 17 year old want one. One word though. Drop Box's.

My son wanted to keep it clean after it was done so we decided to go Heavy Weapons Trooper so I added the drop boxes.

Easy to remove if he decides to change it to a sandtrooper and dirty it up.