Finally Finished TD Armor

Rudebrook

Hey Everyone,

I finally finished my TD and I took some pictures this morning before work. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the weekend to have someone come over and take pictures of me actually wearing it...especially for my 501st application. My pack is almost done, and hopefully will be done this weekend...maybe.

Anyway, I want to say thanks to everyone! You've all been very helpful along the way. And, after all was said and done, I really liked the weathering once I saw all the pieces together. Let me know what you guys think. Like I said, I'll add some pictures with me in it this weekend.

-Rick

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amazing Rick!!!! Cant wait til we can actually troop together brother. you should have no problem receiving your TD status in the CTG. Once that is done I see "DEPLOYMENT" in your future. I think the Sandy's from CT and New York need to get together at one of the beaches and do a major photoshoot.

Thanks guys! A photo shoot on the beach is an awesome idea! Maybe we'll find the droids we're looking for there. :D

Eric, that's not my voice amp in the helmet. It's the wireless transmitter. The way I padded the helmet it was the most comfortable way to mount it. I guess that's what you get for having an eggplant shaped head.

VERY NICE job man!!! :duim:

That's some TD armor to be proud of for sure!

I love the weathering. It's subtle, and real, and just right!

Are your tube stripes hand painted? (I can't remember... if I knew...)

They look really good if they are.

And if they aren't... they look really good. B)

Are your tube stripes hand painted? (I can't remember... if I knew...)

They look really good if they are.

And if they aren't... they look really good. B)

Thanks a bunch! The tube stripes are decals. However, when I weathered the helmet I originally taped over them. When I was happy with the results, I took the tape off and detailed over the stripes by hand. I was trying to avoid paint building up on the sides of the stripes as I know it can happen. A little extra effort but I really like the way they came out. :D

I've been meaning to update this thread. I had a chance to take some pictures Saturday morning wearing the armor. I also have some pictures of my backpack progress as of last night.

I do want to make some qualifications. First, my shoulder pouch. I know the one I'm wearing is the wrong one, but the one I'm going to use was still drying from weathering and I couldn't put it on yet. But I wanted something in it's place.

Second, after all the pics were done I noticed my left shin guard was out of place. I re-foamed it so it holds in place a little better.

Third, I dirtied up my belt a little more. My GML also noticed this so I definitely wanted to fix this. It doesn't look dirty at all in the pictures! It's amazing how much more you see when you step away and look at the pictures.

So, I welcome your commments. Also, I'm not just shooting for my 501st status, but I want to attain Deployment, so I really want to hear everyone's suggestions. Hopefully, if the pack is done this week, I'll get some better pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking good man!

I think you're well on your way to deployment for sure!

One thing I would mention, is you need to change the number on the docking bay to "94". Docking bay "110" was only in some of the comics I believe. :P

Seriously though, looking good!

• 2 weeks later...