Boot Weathering

kf990

i would suggest....leave them really dirty, boots especially working boots are always the most worn and filthiest part..

so many weather their suits upside down, i mean the dirt tappers off to nothing by the time they get to their knees, your shins and boots would be the dirtiest if they were used as a real world item

has anyone ever used real sand to cake into crevices or around soles?

i was thinking that would be pretty neat...get some really tough clear glue to keep it in place. :)

i was thinking that would be pretty neat...get some really tough clear glue to keep it in place. :)

i know there have been some attempts on that. Dont really remember how it turned out but I do remember the sand can make the parts very abrasive, almost like sandpaper. Cause actually, that is what you are making.

So if lots of sand is glued with a strong glue, it will damage other parts when rubbing. If it is hold with a light glue, it will fall off.

But hey, Im not discouraging you. Maybe you are in the way of finding a new technique.

If you search the weathering forum, Im sure you will find a few threads on that.

I will try and look for them later today.

Lets see what we can find.

:D

Saludos.

You can actually buy it at art supply shops, it's like a coarse PVA paste and when it dries it looks like clumps of sand. I used it on my old FX armour but I wasn't too keen on the results. I used Fullers Earth on my new armour and think it looks much better!

Posted Image