White Sands Photo Shoot

TD8819

Hey Guys!

I have been a member for a while but have never got around to posting any pictures until now. These were taken at White Sands in Alamogordo, New Mexico. These pictures are a few years old, but are still good. I'm the TD with the E-11.

Enjoy!

post-273-019052400 1284825710_thumb.jpgpost-273-009594700 1284825712_thumb.jpgpost-273-059384900 1284825713_thumb.jpgpost-273-099161700 1284825714_thumb.jpgpost-273-057298500 1284825716_thumb.jpgpost-273-016141000 1284825718_thumb.jpg

Awesome shots! I visited White Sands when I was training with the army at Fort Bliss. That place was incredibly impressive.

Hey dirty boy, that's definitely the desert. I don't think there's a beach anywhere in that area. It's a very cool process that makes the white sand phenomena. :)

Awesome shots! I visited White Sands when I was training with the army at Fort Bliss. That place was incredibly impressive.

Hey dirty boy, that's definitely the desert. I don't think there's a beach anywhere in that area. It's a very cool process that makes the white sand phenomena. :)

lol....****Edited****

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures! I remember that day was very windy (although the pictures don't really show it). Funny, the armor actually protected us from the heat and blowing sand:D ! The people taking the pictures were pretty miserable because of the blowing sand but still had fun! There were also visitors that came up to take pictures

post-273-066522400 1284869911_thumb.jpg

lol....****Edited****

post-273-076382000 1284869600_thumb.jpg

do tell John....what does cause the whiteness in the sand?

They have a really cool presentation at the park that describes the process. The dunes are made of gypsum which is created by I think, the erosion of rocks. Gypsum normally is washed out to sea by streams and doesn't ever really accumulate, but since there is no water in the white sands area, the gypsum collects and is blown by the wind to it's current location. Since gypsum is so light and powdery, the dunes are always moving and shifting.

Basically, God dumped a big bucket of white sand in the middle of the desert. ;)

(Seriously, that's what it looks like! It's as if it's all on top of the natural surface of the desert. It's a really cool site, and quite a natural phenomenon!)

Taken pics whit the right back grounds like here, all ways rocks!!!

Thanks for posting, freaking cool pics ;)

(we have a small desert here in Denmark too, but its about 5 hours away in train i think.

But we got some pretty ok cool sand/earth/clay graves here in Copenhagen, hope to take some pics there too asap)

Side note:

I like the new profile pic. Are you out at Bliss, or do you just live in El Paso? I did a couple deployments out to WSMR back in '98. Had fun working with the missile team. Got to go to Bliss a couple times, once to see a Marine Corps Silent Drill Team presentation. Quite a show, if you've never seen it.

Semper Fi

I live in El Paso. The photo is from when I was in Iraq from August '08 to August '09. I worked as a defense contractor and was stationed at South Victory US Military Base Headquarters in Baghdad.

Side note:

I like the new profile pic. Are you out at Bliss, or do you just live in El Paso? I did a couple deployments out to WSMR back in '98. Had fun working with the missile team. Got to go to Bliss a couple times, once to see a Marine Corps Silent Drill Team presentation. Quite a show, if you've never seen it.

Semper Fi

Thanks everyone!

I would like to do it again sometime. However, the last time the group went back to take more photos (I was not there) the security or "park rangers" told them they would have to leave because of the "weapons" they had.

- Jason