New TD!

johng4490

:td: Ok, here's the TD I picked up Monday for an insanely cheap $450, all finished.

I am more familiar with ESB TK, because thats what I'm working on as my intial project. I think for this TD, I need to move my holster so its at my left side, and I am not sure how to position the ammo pack on the chest. Whats everyone think, and does anyone have suggestions or help?

post-3666-075019800 1283894936_thumb.jpg

That looks like TD-7236's armor... :huh:

Not a bad thing, just surprised if he sold his!

TD's don't have holsters.

So there's that. :P

The shoulder pouch needs to move up and further "out" towards your left arm... away from the middle of your chest. Everyone uses different methods to attache them — magnets, Velcro, straps, etc., etc. — here's a link to a video on how I did mine and it works great.

That's an incredible buy for that armor too! You're right, there are things to "fix" before you could be deployed (ab buttons are one thing I notice right off) but what an amazing start! And good enough to troop in already for sure. Wow!

Nice find for a good price! Some simple fixes will be needed to get you ready 501st submission. Not sure if you’re planning to go for MEPD Deployed status (more detail needed, accurate backpack, etc.)

Make sure to check the TD CRL for details. http://www.mepd.net/crl/

You should remove the holster altogether. TD’s didn’t have holsters.

The shoulder pouch could be moved over off the chest a bit more. You can hang it better with a strap from the top of the shoulder strap of the backpack, to the strap going under the arm pit / lower pack strap mount.

Make sure the elastic connecting the chest and back is white elastic.

I think you’re missing the 3 ab buttons on the side of the abdomen.

I would make sure to remove that crotch strap. They aren’t really needed if you replace it with a black elastic / snap like the screen suits.

Make sure your blaster is up to standards as well.

Nice deal. Fx?

It's not an FX bucket... but I'm not sure which one it is... that's one reason it looked like Darman's armor. His armor always seemed very distinctive to me because of his bucket.

I was told by one of the more experianced guys in my garrison that the bucket was FX. I'm trying to find out what the rest of the armor is.

So no holster? thats a relief actually. I didn't like it hanging back there anyway.

This was originally TK-8339's, but for reason's I won't go into he is no longer with the 501st. He had this armor approved as it is, but I feel there is room for improvement. the backpack could use a chest strap or something to hold it on my shoulders, and apperently I need to look into some Ab plate buttons. The straps connecting the front to the back are black currently, so I'll be sure to switch those, and that groin strap is definitely on my list of things to do.

Thanks for all the help! :)

Proud to be dirty.

i can post more pictures if anyone would like, I would love to know more about this armor. I am a bit of a noob, so I can't readily indentify everything. An outstanding member of my Garrison said the whole set was FX, as far as he knew. I know he made the backpack.

Looks good so far. Definetely a great start for the price.

Bucket does look FX to me. Armor seems to be also. The shins/calves give it away.

If you plan to go for MEPD Deployment, the FX bucket will have to go. It will work for 501st, but not MEPD.

We will need a closer look at that backpack as well.

I think with a little tweeking here and there you will be in good shape.

Good Luck and let us know what we can do to help out. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here so don't be afraid to ask.

Ya the helmet does look like an FX helmet. Still a great buy on the kit especially if it included all the accessories. You might be able to score a few bucks by listing the helmet on eBay but at least for now you can receive your TD designation with the legion. Looking forward to seein the backpack as well.

Well I think the Deployed status is going to have to wait for me. I hope to be able to upgrade that much in the future, but I haven't the immidiate funds. I was very happy to put together the list of upgrades to make thoug, thanks everyone!

btw, I don't need to show you the backpack to tell you it isn't deployable. lol. It was the only piece of the set that I didn't get too excited about. I call it the economy pack. ;)

Well I think the Deployed status is going to have to wait for me. I hope to be able to upgrade that much in the future, but I haven't the immidiate funds. I was very happy to put together the list of upgrades to make thoug, thanks everyone!

btw, I don't need to show you the backpack to tell you it isn't deployable. lol. It was the only piece of the set that I didn't get too excited about. I call it the economy pack. ;)

lol....fair enough :)