My new Hyperfirm DLT-19

I am loving this thing, super light and the detail is shapr as a razor. I did a pass with Rub-N-Buf and then I have toned it down with a blackwash. I painted the stock a ruddy brown and then stippled black over that but I think it could use a bit more black. I also used some satin clear over the stock.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It didnt come with any paint on it. It was a "B" grade so I guess he didnt do it. I did all the paint and weathering myself. I used Rub-N-Buff on the whole thing. You get the Rub-N-Buff on a brush and then brush most of it off on a rag then lightly go over the high spots. I know he sends out the full price ones fully painted but I guess the discounted ones are left raw. It has a few soft places where you can squeeze it and they heat stamped a "B" on the top of the receiver.

It didnt come with any paint on it. It was a "B" grade so I guess he didnt do it. I did all the paint and weathering myself. I used Rub-N-Buff on the whole thing. You get the Rub-N-Buff on a brush and then brush most of it off on a rag then lightly go over the high spots. I know he sends out the full price ones fully painted but I guess the discounted ones are left raw. It has a few soft places where you can squeeze it and they heat stamped a "B" on the top of the receiver.

Hey Woody.

This looks amazing...

Could you post a little step by step tutorial for us?

Or at least let us know what colors did you use first and what came afterwards and all that?

This is a really amazing paint job.

THX!!

Saludos

• 1 year later...

Hey woody, how are you bro...

I was digging up this thread cause tomorrow I am painting my DD E11 and wanted to read all about how you did it, besides the tutorial... But there is one thing I still wanted to know: did you used primer, or spraywd painted it black right over the plastic?

Thx for any and all the help.

:)

Saludos.