VT helmet

Smally

Hey troops,

I've been looking for a long time at VT's helmet (that he sells the kit of on Ebay from time to time)and from what I can tell they look pretty darn good.

Now, because this hobby is so addictive and drains our beer tokens, I've been thinking about getting one.

Can I ask all those that own one to post some pics of how yours turned out and also a small review on it?

Look forward to seeing these.....

Cheers,

Smally.

I've had 2, a hero and a stunt. On the positive side, they are sturdy for trooping. The lens is dark green welders face shield material. There are ABS, and quite thick, so the face details are a bit soft. The plastic is kind of "beige" and not really white or off white. A bit too beige in my opinion. The plastic is not shiny, it's kind of a satin finish.

I didn't like mic tips included, the mesh was really wonky and the posts were molded in crooked and off center. The stunt had a rather poor undercut, so the neck opening was really big and left gaps near the bottoms of the ears.

Not sure if it's an issue for you, but VT is a known recaster. The helmets use a combination of AP recasts and TE recasts, the armor is an AP recast. Depends on your standing on recasting I guess.

I have since sold all of my VT stuff, as I didn't want to own any more recast stuff. It's a personal choice, no offense meant to the maker or anyone owning VT gear.

I can't speak for the helmet kits, but I do have VT thighs and shin/calves. I wanted to replace my FX lower armor with something more accurate and that I could build to fit my legs. The FX pieces I had were previously owned and already put together and were a little tight on me. He was the only guy I could find that would be willing to sell me "just parts". The quality was decent, they came quick, reasonable price and he was easy to deal with. As far as color, I found them to be almost spot on to my original FX and they were quite shiny, although since weathering for my Sandy, they aren't anymore!:lol:

I know his stuff is recast, but for what I was looking for at the time, it worked for me. Until I build a new suit with AP or AM (I prefer the ABS stuff) his stuff looks a heck of a lot better than my old FX legs!

I have a set of VT armour and I must admit that I think it is very nice indeed. He is great to deal with and the pricepoint is good too. The armour arrived well packaged and within the timescale he quoted. I don't care about the "recast" issue. It's a great kit. Here are a few (poor) pics of my sandy.

post-2693-033399000 1283031691_thumb.jpg

GD it! Can't upload! Can't link to picasa! Only one pic for now.

Hey troops,

I've been looking for a long time at VT's helmet (that he sells the kit of on Ebay from time to time)and from what I can tell they look pretty darn good.

Now, because this hobby is so addictive and drains our beer tokens, I've been thinking about getting one.

Can I ask all those that own one to post some pics of how yours turned out and also a small review on it?

Look forward to seeing these.....

Cheers,

Smally.

Hey Smally, what is the Ebay link? i want to check it out :)