Where to Start

thrashtrooper

Yo fellow trooper i just got back from celebration V and saw the troopers there in there armor and said i got to get on and join the 501st. I've been looking around now tryn to figure out what is the best armor kit to get. I've seen alot of people saying to get the TE2 kit. Is this a good kit to get, will it be somewhat easy for a new guy like me to put it together, and is it 501st worthy. any help will be great. O and if there is anybody from Albuquerque new Mexico willing to help me out

I'm in Albuquerque, NM man.

Did you email me the other day?

Yes... TE2 is the kit I have and love. It's not "easy" but it's not hard to assemble either. It's certainly not a "take-it-out-of-the-box-and-wear-it" kit.

So are you looking to be a sandtrooper (we hope).

If so you're in the right place and totally lucky to be in the same town as me! :P haha

(though you could be in a whole lot of towns and be totally lucky... just depends whose town you're in)

There are two good places to start for more research on armor kits.

One is my personal "armor 101" page here.

The second is the various types of armor and where to find them thread on the FISD.

I will message you more info now as well.

Welcome to the sand pit man!

Look forward to helping you out!

As Noel says, there is no one 'best' armor, and it can depend on what one wants and what one can afford. I'll second the link to FISD (shameless, as I posted it ;-) ) - it's been a huge help for new members.

There are more choices now than there have been in a long time - as long as he sticks to the list he really can't go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Albuquerque, NM man.

Did you email me the other day?

Yes... TE2 is the kit I have and love. It's not "easy" but it's not hard to assemble either. It's certainly not a "take-it-out-of-the-box-and-wear-it" kit.

So are you looking to be a sandtrooper (we hope).

If so you're in the right place and totally lucky to be in the same town as me! :P haha

(though you could be in a whole lot of towns and be totally lucky... just depends whose town you're in)

There are two good places to start for more research on armor kits.

One is my personal "armor 101" page here.

The second is the various types of armor and where to find them thread on the FISD.

I will message you more info now as well.

Welcome to the sand pit man!

Look forward to helping you out!

ya that was me i think im going to get the TE2 armor just got to save some cash, but do you know of any forums that have like step by step instruction on building armor cause i want to know want im doing before getting the armor and going all crazy and dont want to mess anything up. o and yeah i want sandtrooper armor and i live in the Q

Welcome to the boards brother. Take your time with the build and really choose the one that fits all aspects of your trooping needs. FISD and the MEPD are definitely great places to get the information you need. You can pretty much find any answer you are looking for. Let us know when we can help :)