My pack build

stuntmanmike

looks great.....cut 2 small holes on the top area as well as the bottom area where the zip ties are. this way instead of the ties around the tube it goes through the small holes. thats what i do....cant see the ties.

looks great.....cut 2 small holes on the top area as well as the bottom area where the zip ties are. this way instead of the ties around the tube it goes through the small holes. thats what i do....cant see the ties.

Oh ok I see, good idea thanks man!

Are you going to add the "ridges" to your syphon?

Also looks like you don't have the white end caps on the top and bottom of the mortar tube.

Pack looks great so far!

Yeah I still have to put the ribs on and end caps, been trying to get ahold of crashmann for some but no answer yet.

Yeah I still have to put the ribs on and end caps, been trying to get ahold of crashmann for some but no answer yet.

He has been super busy with the new Radio Faceplates the last few weeks and he was away in Orlando for CV this past week. I'm sure you will here from him soon.

BTW, you can use the zip ties to make the ribs on the syphon. Very easy to do.

Little update. I reattached the mortar tube with the zip ties hidden, just wondering if the positioning is okay. I will re-position the radar dish as well if needed. The ribs on the syphon I'm not sure about, since I attached the syphon before putting in the ribs it was hard to get them under without having them kinda crooked, any suggestions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pack is looking good James. The mortar tube position could come up maybe an inch or two. I usually try to have mine so that the top end cap is slightly above the top trays and then I line up the top edge of the detonator plate with the top of the tray. Not sure if it's necessary. I'm a little anal with my builds and I tend to like everything to line up straight and symetrical. The packs in the movie were sort of "slapped" together, so nothing really lined up properly. I think a lot of it is personal preference.

The radar dish looks good. I've seen them very low covering the bottom end cap. I tend to like mine slightly above it. Again, personal preference.

Then again, if you are planning on going for "Elite" status, you might want to make sure your pack matches whatever specific trooper you are trying to emmulate.

The ribs on the syphon are OK. I would maybe scuff them up a little or paint them to match the syphon. They look shiny.

Pack is looking good James. The mortar tube position could come up maybe an inch or two. I usually try to have mine so that the top end cap is slightly above the top trays and then I line up the top edge of the detonator plate with the top of the tray. Not sure if it's necessary. I'm a little anal with my builds and I tend to like everything to line up straight and symetrical. The packs in the movie were sort of "slapped" together, so nothing really lined up properly. I think a lot of it is personal preference.

The radar dish looks good. I've seen them very low covering the bottom end cap. I tend to like mine slightly above it. Again, personal preference.

Then again, if you are planning on going for "Elite" status, you might want to make sure your pack matches whatever specific trooper you are trying to emmulate.

The ribs on the syphon are OK. I would maybe scuff them up a little or paint them to match the syphon. They look shiny.

Thanks man, makes me feel a little better and yeah I'm going to make the ribs look not shiny.