New York Comic Con

DirtyBoy

Hey troops...as some of you may know, we are planning something special to be "given away" at the New York Comic Con. Currently there is nothing posted on the ECG board as far as signing up to be part of the troopers for that event. Any info?

Hey troops...as some of you may know, we are planning something special to be "given away" at the New York Comic Con. Currently there is nothing posted on the ECG board as far as signing up to be part of the troopers for that event. Any info?

Rick,there is a post,just getting interest up-no more details as of yet.I will keep you posted. Dave

Not to hijack the thread but I am pretty sure the Autism Walk is Sunday,October 3rd at Jones Beach.The Big Apple Con also falls on this weekend (Oct. 1,2,3) no posts about those yet.

Jeez, the Autism Walk is something I would really want to do. This one hits home for me. I hope I can do both. I've never done a Con before and I know this one has something special. We have to work this out.

Any idea why the Autism Walk isn't posted yet Dave?

Sorry I didn't check this thread sooner. I have a special fondness for the Autism Walk ,my son is on the spectrum and last years walk was the debut of my Sandie (my pics for deployment were taken there.)Great turnout and I was in tons of pictures.The same weekend of the walk is the Big Apple Con (the walk is Oct. 3rd and the con is Oct 1,2,3) The last Big Apple Con was fun (Qmaster-Helen got her Honorary award there) but this Con usually has some drama attached to it as a former ECGer works with the Con and there is some ill feelings still felt.I don't really know what goes on with this but we almost pulled out last year. We stuck it out and all was fine. Personally, the NYCC seems like a East Coast version of San Diego's con (with less Hollywood celebs) NYCC is also hosted (just like the last one in Feb 09) by the ECG.NYCC 09 was my first troop (clean TK) and I had a Blast. The Saturday is always the biggest 501st/fan turnout. I have never been photographed that much at any event since. I would not like to plan the Bro helping Bro award at Big Apple due to the drama,it is unpredictable. NYCC is bigger.I think that is why there is already a post for NYCC and not Big Apple, NYCC is our shindig.Once CV is over, I will look into if we are down for the Walk. I am looking forward to meeting the Dirty Boy,He is a good Dude. See yas,Dave

Jeez, the Autism Walk is something I would really want to do. This one hits home for me. I hope I can do both. I've never done a Con before and I know this one has something special. We have to work this out.

Any idea why the Autism Walk isn't posted yet Dave?

Check the boards-Walk is posted- October 3rd at Jones Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway you could just do Saturday? It is a great Con but from what I am seeing on the boards it looks like there is some confusion on "comping" us armored guys from the event people.Command staff is working on it.

I don't want to see you get screwed with $$$$.Saturday is the day. Everybody goes on Saturday, maybe we could hang afterwards and grab a burger they usually gather at some place in the city.The first I hear definite plans you will know as well.You get that PM I sent you about Clones?

• 1 month later...