shoulder straps

kf990

How long and wide should the shoulder straps?

Hey Ken....each side should be cut at about 4' in length....add the quick release clips about 40% of the way down from the top. with 4' it makes it plenty adjustable and you can always cut off whatever extra you dont feel that you need.....better to have more than not enough. I use the black 1" wide nylon webbing for my packs. you can add padding and get creative with that stuff if you desire. the straps just have to be hidden at the shoulder area.

Yea i agree John..

Silly Rick was out partyin to long last night! :lol: haha j/k Rick! :P

I use 2" elastic to join the chest to the back armor. Length is all depending on your size. You can make them very short and have the tops of the chest and back very close together if your torso is on the shorter side and your thin. They will be longer if your taller, and/or heavier. But it will vary depending on how well you fit the suit to your body. My usual rule of thumb is to have the chest sit about 1" to 1.5" above the "center box" on the ab plate. Just adjust the length to have the chest armor sit where it looks "right"

Thanks Lou.

I actually used Lou's snap attachment idea, but I like the Canvas instead of elastic. Mine are also 2" wide. I started with them 8" long and left some extra material at the front on each for future adjustment if necessary. I can always drill out the snaps on the canvas and move them if need be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image