help with assembling armor

kf990

I am puting together my aromr and all the tutorials I can find online shows the back piece as one big piece mine came in two pieces te butt piece and lower back. What is the best way how to put this together?

thanks in advace for any help

I am puting together my aromr and all the tutorials I can find online shows the back piece as one big piece mine came in two pieces te butt piece and lower back. What is the best way how to put this together?

thanks in advace for any help

so many options....what i personally did was put 1 rivet on each side.....it works as a hing and is hidden by the belt. gives a little bit of movement and i was sick of strapping by the time i got to that part :)

i attached it with elastic strips. i crazy glued them right onto the armor. Left a small gap between the 2 pieces. Just as a FYI, the separate butt and lower back is screen accurate for ANH and ESB. Only ROTJ had a one piece back/butt.

Hey Ken,

How are you doing?

First of all, want to ask what kit do you have.

The back pieces of accurate ANH (TDs) kits come in two pieces. If you have been looking at tutorials with one back piece, most likely it is an FX kit. A good kit for what it is, but not very accurate.

If this is your first armor build, I recommend you to stay looking for info, tutorials, references pictures, and general info, inside the 501st forums, specially this MEPD forum and the FISD forum ( www.whitearmor.net ). Most info outside these sites is based on FX kits, or non accurate props. you could find amazing sites with amazing info on accurate stuff, but then, you can be directed "directly" from here to there by almost any trooper.

These two forums have focused on building the most accurate possible Sandtrooper and Stormtrooper armor. There ares tons of info here and there. So most likely you can find the correct way, and some alternatives, to do anything you want or need for your build.

For example, here is my own TE2 armor build thread. There you can find an accurate-ish solution for the strapping system, including how to put together the back and butt.

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=5844

There you will find, among other stuff, the system I use to hold my armor together and wear it based on the screen used one, but with some mods to make it more comfortable and less aggressive for the armor.

And here is one final suggestion: read read read and read... and have fun!! :D

Lots of info in this forum, and lots of resources and references. Most likely any question you have has been already asked and answered before. So just try and go around the forum. you will find amazing stuff you never had thought of...

And anyway, if you have any question at all, feel free to post it or PM. There will alwaye be someone willing to answer and help.

Welcome to the board, and have fun bro!

This is what it is all about!

Saludos

Juan

Here's a picture of how my harness / strapping works on my TK. The separate back and butt pieces are held together with "snap plates" and elastic fabric.

Posted Image

You can make the snap plates by taking a 1.5" square piece of plastic and installing the male snap on it, then glue it to your armor. The female snap is installed on a section of black elastic. Make sure to make the elastic the correct length to make it look like the parts are joined, but flexible.