Belin's Backpack

Chunk

Here is Berlin's quick version of the sandtrooper backpack I built. Total cost under $50.00. I mostly used TK409's tutrial & a few other helpful hints I found here. Since the seed trays have been back order for some time now. I opted for a substitute of Sterlite boxes for the main boxes. Also I had to scratch build the radio box with household items. I'll replace as screen accurate items become available. All items used were found in my kitchen cupboard or bought at the .99 store & Lowes Hardware. The most expensive thing I bought was the two large "dials" on the radio box. They were $3.87 for the pair. I could not find the correct color of blue paint. I ended up using Krylon Bahama Sea. I found it at Walmart & had to modify it with adding grey & black to it to acheive a blueish grey. I used 3 diffrent colors of black paint gloss, satin, & flat. After I painted all parts their prospective colors I sanded litely. I then applied the "weathering" I sprayed Krylon Khaki into the groves & sanded off. Next I litley dusted with Kyrlon Almond & sanded off. This gave me my "sand everywhere" look. :td:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty dang good for a scratch built pack for sure!

That color blue is very close (at least in the pics) good eye man!

There are things you could do on your "next one" if you want... like bend the pipe-frame for one... but this is really a good job! B)

Pretty dang good for a scratch built pack for sure!

That color blue is very close (at least in the pics) good eye man!

There are things you could do on your "next one" if you want... like bend the pipe-frame for one... but this is really a good job! B)

My Dad bought me an early Birthday gift yesterday. A new heat gun :D The next packs will have the bent frame. I wont start on those (mine & Berlin's new) til the seed trays are in stock. :td:

My Dad bought me an early Birthday gift yesterday. A new heat gun :D The next packs will have the bent frame. I wont start on those (mine & Berlin's new) til the seed trays are in stock. :td:

heat guns are awesome....happy early birthday :)

Seed trys in stock & ordered. Hope they get here soon. It's not like I have at least 10 other projects going on right now :P Ohh wait I do. Now that the heat is here & I can go outside & work on my stuff. I'll be able to knock out all those projects I've been collecting over the past year. DL44, Berlins' Tie Pilot, Wookie Bowcaster, couple more E11's, 2 or 3 more blasters, final tweaks to my TK. Think thats it... :rolleyes: Projects are fun, I need a shop B) Bring on the heat guns :laser:

But a hint to those who are married or about to be married. ALWAYS ASK THE WIFE FIRST! Make sure it's ok for you to be outside all day working on your project. You don't wanna hear it when you come in at the end of the day & she had plans :6: I always ask permission to be outside all day. Sometimes Im out there 12-13hr straight. :wub:

Seed trys in stock & ordered. Hope they get here soon. It's not like I have at least 10 other projects going on right now :P Ohh wait I do. Now that the heat is here & I can go outside & work on my stuff. I'll be able to knock out all those projects I've been collecting over the past year. DL44, Berlins' Tie Pilot, Wookie Bowcaster, couple more E11's, 2 or 3 more blasters, final tweaks to my TK. Think thats it... :rolleyes: Projects are fun, I need a shop B) Bring on the heat guns :laser:

But a hint to those who are married or about to be married. ALWAYS ASK THE WIFE FIRST! Make sure it's ok for you to be outside all day working on your project. You don't wanna hear it when you come in at the end of the day & she had plans :6: I always ask permission to be outside all day. Sometimes Im out there 12-13hr straight. :wub:

I live with my gf, and one thing she likes a lot is to play with simple games on the iphone like bejeweled and so... So every night, she spends a good hour or so, locked in the toilet, playing with the iphone and smoking.

Thats when I work on my props.

So whenever someone asks me when did I build this or that, I always say: While Carla was on the toilet!

LOL!!

Saludos.