what i am thankful for!!!

Robster

Well guys were comming upon the holiday season once again another year flown by and almost over.

So i am gonna take a few here and just reflect on what i am thankful for,

My family, my wife(through all the good and bad)

My 3 kids, Jade,Jordan and jacob,my mom and to my health,my job and a warm place to sleep, i am blesssed!!

All my brothers and friends here at the forums, though i haven't meet you guys in person i feel like i know you all and you always make me feel welcome and answer my newbie questions.

This has to be the best and coolest site ever with folks from here in the northwest to across the world..Thanks guys!!!

I would like to take a moment to also reflect on those who won't be here this year, to all those who have passed on we love you and you will be missed!!!

So when we all sit down to eat that big ol' dinner look around and take in all you have been blessed with!!

Thanks guys and all take care and have a great holiday!!!!

Rob

Hello Rob,

I AM SO HAPPY to see that there is MORE to "SANDTROOPERS" than a little ABS & styrene plastic & a pretty face! A heart AND soul are much in evidence my brothers and sisters.

On this beautiful blue-sky, cloud-free Hawaiian Sunday morning, please allow me to add my heart-felt thanks to "The Maker" for all the blessings I have received throughout my 49 years on this floating mass of earth & stone spinning away through our own universe.

For my darling wife of 19 years, Faye, who stuck with me through thick AND thin - I LOVE YOU. (I've also enjoyed that little Mickey Mouse sleeping tee that you wear when...oh, ah, never mind! And thank you for all my TE armor!) For my two "masters of disaster" Jessica AND Jonathan, Daddy loves you! For my two chi-poms, Samantha & Buster, Daddy loves you too. (Except when you guys pee on the bathroom rug )

I would encourage all my friends and associates here on sandtrooper.net to say a small prayer for those less fortunate than ourselves that they WILL find comfort AND companionship this upcoming holiday season.

During this time of armed conflict, I will say a special prayer of thanks and for safety for the Armed Forces of the United States of America, AND for those military forces of other countries deployed throughout the world in the name of Peace. For all my fellow law enforcement officers, EMTs, doctors, nurses, and ALL the others who keep our society running day in and day out who will be working on the holidays, bless you.

Lastly, I pray that God blesses ALL of YOU this holiday season. Thanks to ALL of you who have interacted with me, guided me, AND offered me assistance and encouragement throughout my journey to the dirt-side! I REALLY enjoy hearing from all you! I hope you all continue to participate AND enjoy the fellowship here on the "best **** website this side of the outer rim terrorities"!

Tony "Guns" SAGUN

ePS: Save some white meat & gravy for me!

I am thankful to my dear friends. They looked out for me this week and when my world came crashing down on Thanksgiving, they were here to help me through the tears. Sad, but I now hate the holidays. My wife just left me and we are getting a divorce. No chance of reconcilliation as she says she needs to 'find herself' and cannot do that tied down...

Happy Holidays to you all, I hope they are better than mine are... :(

TE

I felt the same way when I got divorced. Papers were served to me on New Years Eve, 1999. It seemed the world was ending.

Fast forward a few years, several girlfriends, and now I'm re-married with a beautiful daughter. In hindsight, losing her allowed me to find someone I was more compatible with long term.

I know it's tough now, but my belief after these experiences is that when one door closes another opens, and to things and people that make you happier than what you had before.

I'm very sorry for your loss, I know what you're going through.

I am thankful to my dear friends. They looked out for me this week and when my world came crashing down on Thanksgiving, they were here to help me through the tears. Sad, but I now hate the holidays. My wife just left me and we are getting a divorce. No chance of reconcilliation as she says she needs to 'find herself' and cannot do that tied down...

Happy Holidays to you all, I hope they are better than mine are... :(

TE

Matt, it was good speaking with you on the phone the other day; i'm sorry it couldn't have been under happier circumstances. Rest assured however, that you'll have a sympathetic ear with us and that we wish you nothing but the best with whatever path you take from here.

Matt,

You know where I stand on all this. I'm very very happy that we talked earlier today. Per our discussion PM when you can.

Tony

ePS: Chris is still in CA. I've sent a PM to him and I'll call his cellular in a few minutes.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I am really in a bad place right now and I am trying to move on, it is just hard to do right now.

Thanks..

TE

I think we've all had similar things happen around the holidays and it really puts a dark cloud over them for years to come. I was in a funk for almost ten years... but stay strong! You have friends!

I hope you're right... I am so upset that I could not make things better enough for her to stay. But she needs to goand find herself. I wish her the best and will always be her friend. It just hurts to lose her when the love is till present on both sides. But, better to find out now, and not 10 more years down the road...

TE

Long time ago I was dumped the day after chirstmas when I was 18. Really sucked hard at the time becuase it was serious (to an 18 year old). Now I am in a WAY better place with a girl that really loves me and who I got engaged to on the 18th.

TE: It's sad to see someone who has given so much joy to others so down. We are all here for you...

I got engaged to on the 18th.

Congratulations. I wish you both all the best. Now I know why you're spending more time down in CA!! (Good luck on the 501st application!).

For me, I am waiting patiently (or not so) for the birth of my 3rd daughter. She is due in the new year and I am thankful that so far she is healthy, strong, and big (10 weeks to go and already 5lb!).

It is great to know you guys out there, all over the world, and thank you all in making the journey to the 'dirt' side fun, enjoyable and thoroughly worth it. I hope my 2 cents over the year has been useful, and I hope I can help the newbies (and not so newbies) with their questions/problems in the future.