Berlin's Sandtrooper Pics

Chunk

Hey All,

Here are some test fit pics of my wife "Berlin" in her new Sandtrooper costume. We wanted to see how everything fit her & what improvements I need to make. First off Im gonna get get rid of the belt loops on the theighs & go with a tab/snap system. Also need to add some foam to the inside of the theighs & forarms. (wife is supper skinny) I spent 12hrs yesterday painting, & sanding the whole costume. You can't tell from the pics, but there is alot of "sand" in the nooks & crannies. Next week I'll get started on her backpack. She'll wear it on Friday July 23,10 at San Diego Comic Con :td:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You're lookin' good here man! Or she is... whatever... B)

The weathering is really nice!

Yeah, make sure and swap out those straps holding the thighs up. They kind of "stand out" right now.

Of course I'd say try to find an MR CE bucket or something less "FX" looking... but what you have is done very well!

What is that bucket anyway?

The shape of the dome and mic tips are throwing me. :huh:

Looking forward to seeing pics from the con!!

Is your wife in the 501st Legion as well? :)

I wondered the same thing.

She's not 501st yet. Awaiting approval. She goes by the callsign "Berlin" over in the JRS. We were stuck in limbo waiting on her chestbox to come in the mail. So she opted for a Sandtrooper after seeing Scooth & ABailey troop with me. Her helmet is a KEV's Ver1. The hovi's are mic tips. Her helmet is set up with fans & the dual mics. Very sturdy & looks awsome in real person. Her costume is an FX with the replacement helmet & correct ab plate & sniper knee. We did a test fitting to see how the costume wore on her. Yeah those theigh loops were accidently painted when I did the weathering. But they're comming off next week & being replaced with tab/snap straps. Hopfully I can get her approved before SDCC.

You mean like the 2 MRCE's I have in my bedroom. I was lucky enough to get them on clearance back in 2007 for $80ea. But those are saved for my TK & TD. Got about 1hr worth of work left on my TK. The TD is a CAP-W from Scootch. The BFG's I made from modified a Hasbro & AK47. The E11 is a Hyperfirm.