33 years ago...

...I was about 2 weeks old. Yep. I was born on may 1977.

I think that has a lot to do with my life being so closed connected to Star Wars.

So, what were you doing when SW premiered 33 years ago?

Happy SW anniversary to all of you.

Saludos...

PS. And a happy Geek Pride Day too. ;)

I was watching it after standing in line for a loooong time, in Chicago, where I was born. I was 9, and as it was 2 days after my birthday it was a b-day treat for us to go.

I was never on a premiere,just on laserdisc, i was born in 1982. boy i love that stuff better than regular CD!

A New Hope was my first Star Wars saga,despite its simplicity i'm totally amazed.

I was about 11,and i rad books that there are possibility of another civilization than earth at the time,and the fantasy goes :D

The most memorable scenes were there are vader and troopers in it,and space battle scenes,its soo un-earthly. funny that i dont think R2 and 3PO as memorable like those at the time,maybe because many movies with robots in it

I was 9 in May '77 and saw ANH (then just called "Star Wars") in a theater that no longer exists (it's a Lowes store now). I didn't really know anything about the movie (I thought Luke was holding some kind of gun on the poster), so I had no expectations and was totally sucked in during the first scene. The weather was really nice and we went for ice cream afterwards across the street. I had a chocolate milkshake, but the focus of my thoughts was on the prior two hours. Funny the things you remember. :D

I watched it in the Stanley theater (now gone) when I was 6 years old. My family took me because they knew it was so different and creative. I was awestruck when the Tantive IV got eclipsed by the Star Destroyer.

After the movie, we went home and I drew Star wars pictures as often as I could. This culminated in my first home made TK helmet, made from:

- toy "policemans" helmet, blue with a yellow visor

- cut off the visor

- replaced the visor with a white piece of cardboard with the eye holes and mouth and vocoder cut out / drawn with felt pen

- I made the cheek tubes out of paper towel cardboard rolls (I thought I was rather inventive for a 6 yr old) :)

- drew on the tube stripes with a blue felt pen

- glued in dark colored celophane behind the eyes

- painted it with white house paint

I wore it to school for Halloween. :)

Thanks Noel. :)

I asked my family a while back if they still had that picture (we moved our stuff a few times and my sisters have most of the family pics for safe keeping), but they couldn't find it.

I might just recreate it, for nostalgia sake. :)

Happy B'day,Juan..I waited (in the rain) through a sold out show with my Big Brother to see SW when I was 12 years old.Christmas that same year I got the record of the movie narrated by Roscoe Lee Browne-record had music,lines from the movie on a Vinyl LP,and I got (along with a lot of my friends) a "lightsaber." It was a Flashlight handle with about a 4 foot plastic tube,can't seem to remember if this was a actual Lucas product or a knockoff( I am leaning toward knockoff-I think even back then Uncle George would have came up with something better) All the kids I knew had one of these things.It was the hot toy of the day. My first official SW figure was a Stormtrooper-guess thats why I(and all us great fellas) ended up being a Large SW figure. See yas,Dave 6513