Ejector box on the DLT-19

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of making the box that sits on the round ejector side of the DLT-19 out of some cardboard stock from the backing of a notebook pad. Has anyone used this material before, or had a problem if they used it? I've seen that a few people have used sheet metal for this, but I'm trying to fabricate it on the cheap!

If you coat it with something, like lacquer, and paint it, it should work well. Especially if it's that really dense, really thick cardboard like I'm thinking of. Of course it won't be "destruction-proof" but what is?

I used a cardboard card box for the box on my pack. It's that really thick, really strong, pre-coated cardboard. I could drill through it and everything. It would probably even hold up in the rain honestly.

So yeah, I'd say do it.

Worst case scenario you have to upgrade later.

If you coat it with something, like lacquer, and paint it, it should work well. Especially if it's that really dense, really thick cardboard like I'm thinking of. Of course it won't be "destruction-proof" but what is?

I used a cardboard card box for the box on my pack. It's that really thick, really strong, pre-coated cardboard. I could drill through it and everything. It would probably even hold up in the rain honestly.

So yeah, I'd say do it.

Worst case scenario you have to upgrade later.

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

Or, do what else I do and go into the garage and find some box / piece of plastic storage bin / etc. that you can convince yourself "really isn't needed and you can cut it up and everything be okay."