Temporary Weathering? Quick and easy too?

Hawk

Hey all!

I am planning on going to an event this sunday, but I was thinking since I have a pauldron and ammo pouch (I know other things are needed to make it official) that I'd like to see if how I'd like the "dirty" effect on my armor.

But I want it to be easily removable so I can either 1) Go back to clean or 2) Remove it so I can do it the right way.

It also has to be something easy that I can do today. (if that is possible) Maybe something at a local store I could pick up?

Again, this is just going to be a TEST run sort of thing. Nothing that needs to be permanent. If/WHEN I DO go official TD, I want to do it right and make it look REAL good. So this is just a temporary thing for this weekend.

Any suggestions?

"Fix" them?

You can "fix" them with hairspray but I won't recommend that if you plan to remove it.

Just grab some Woodland colours, follow the tutorial by TK-1536 and go dirty without fixing it. During the event some of the colour will rub off and you can do another layer of weathering if you like it. After 2-3 layers of re-weathering the texture will become more and more realistic.

Cheers,

Joerg / TD-607

Before you DO ANYTHING make sure to Novus (or equivalent) polish all of your scratches! Weather can be a huge pain to get out of scratches (especially if you use darker pigments.) Then you can use a 20% acrylic paint/80% water mixture of black/brown to weather your armor, just brush it on and then blot it with a paper towel. To clean (to perfection, grab a can of Denatured Alcohol, it will clean your armor easy with out damaging it.)