Web site/domain name rant

TD-1536

So last year I decided to not renew the hosting account for 'www.tk1536.com' and instead just renew the domain name and park the site's content here. What I didn't find out after the fact was that the **** web host had restrictions in place that prevented URL forwarding unless you had a hosting account with them. Anyway, I decided to wait a year until it expired, so I could re-register it elsewhere. So it expired on 4/26 - yesterday, and I was going to register it today elsewhere. No joy!

Apparently, I guess the web traffic was substantial enough that some crap company snatched it up in less than a few hours! Oh well...

This sucks so bad dude... and I feel your pain!

You can contest the domain with someone like Network Solutions and claim rightful / first ownership. They'll have you fax a bunch of stuff to prove you're who you say you are and so on and so forth. It's a huge hassle — and I've never personally done it — but I think it is an option.

Or you could register TD1536.

Or you could take TK1536.imperial-web.com

I'm always happy to host your stuff there like my site. B)

I'm sorry about that domain. I've lost a few through the years... never cared enough to try and get them back. And I've had MANY a client who say, "Oh, the domain's available... we just checked yesterday..." To which I reply, "It won't be there now... Russia has it." And, unfortunately, I'm always right.

Good luck with whatever you decide do!

What a punk @ss move!

That sucks Mike but I am glad to see your content still up.

Especially since I am building an OSCS clone at the moment.

Did you pull your own armor for the phase 1 ?

Also what bucket did you use for the phase 1?

Edited by xavier

Sad news, now you have it up running for so long, and every body knows it, and use it, and loves it!

Hope the site will keep on going for ever, its have been one of my favorites from day one, and still is.

Like Noel says, maybe go for the TD-1536 version, if you can´t get the old set up name.

TD hug from here bro ;)