Novatrooper Pack

Quartermaster

Well, I had a special request from a 501 member who saw some of my other builds. He wanted a pack for his Novatrooper. He had two requests. Loosely base it on a TD Captains pack and make it all black. Here are a few pics of the build. Still have to mount everything to the frame. Sonix radio faceplate courtesy of Mr. Crashmann. Feel free to comment, good or bad. You guys are tough critics and I value your opinions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll admit I had to google what a "Novatrooper" was / is... but, after seeing one, and actually even BEFORE seeing one I totally think this pack is rad cool! It's probably what the "captain" pack would've looked like had the films been done today. Or had they had the funds and resources / people / etc. to really build them the first time.

Okay, that might be taking it a bit too far... and I still like the "old school" original screen accurate packs for TDs, but for a "Novatrooper" this is a winner for sure! B)

The trays I used are a little undersized (8"x12"x2.5") so the frame is slightly wider. The PVC frame was assembled as per the tutorial found right hear on the MEPD and the trays were also posted in a thread here on the MEPD as being available on Amazon.com.

As far as the Novatroopers are concerned, Wookiepedia's descrption is as follows:

"As stormtrooper honor guards, Novatroopers were assigned to either historically significant locations such as the Emperor's homeworld of Naboo, or to guard captured enemy starships. Also used as commandos in special missions, such as infiltrating enemy bases, Novatroopers were trained better than most stormtroopers."

Posted Image

Yep the pack is sweet! I recognise a lot of the parts which were utilized, it is a nice looking job for sure. TX was my first armor, I am active in Spec Ops and have seen Izzi's Nova come to life. Very nice.