Just finished a conversion of a toy Sub Assault game to a pair of Binocs. I know they are not screen accurate, but I came across this item very cheap and thought it would look good until I can get my hands on something more accurate. Game still works too!

I am also thinking about doing a conversion on these Eye Clops night vision goggles. They are pretty cool looking and actually work also as real binocs.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks for looking!

Posted Image

I actually did contact Woodchuck about getting some. He said he had nothing available right now.

Oh... I meant ask him if you send him the night goggles if he would make a 'case' for them that LOOKS like the binocs. :D

Just finished a conversion of a toy Sub Assault game to a pair of Binocs. I know they are not screen accurate, but I came across this item very cheap and thought it would look good until I can get my hands on something more accurate. Game still works too!

I am also thinking about doing a conversion on these Eye Clops night vision goggles. They are pretty cool looking and actually work also as real binocs.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks for looking!

How did you convert the Sub Assault game into a pair of Binoculars? I have one of those games and have been wondering how you guys did that? IF you can post some pics that would help!

Thanks!

ShortTrooper (Diana)

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos during the process of converting it. I basically fine sanded the whole unit. Ihen shot it with a coat or two of Krylon flat black Fusion paint for plastics. The next coat was silver paint. The last coat was an off white. Once dried, I lightly sanded using very fine finishing type sanding block on the edges, corners and some of the flat areas to give it a weathered/worn look. I attached a small knob to the top with a screw. The large lens in the front is a plumbing trap fitting ring and the smaller one is a plastic bottle cap. The lens material is a reflective plastic sheet material I had leftover from my helmet lenses.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos during the process of converting it. I basically fine sanded the whole unit. Ihen shot it with a coat or two of Krylon flat black Fusion paint for plastics. The next coat was silver paint. The last coat was an off white. Once dried, I lightly sanded using very fine finishing type sanding block on the edges, corners and some of the flat areas to give it a weathered/worn look. I attached a small knob to the top with a screw. The large lens in the front is a plumbing trap fitting ring and the smaller one is a plastic bottle cap. The lens material is a reflective plastic sheet material I had leftover from my helmet lenses.

Thank you for the information!!!

ShortTrooper (Diana)