Zons new armor

Zon

One layer of weathering down one or two more layers to go (haven't done the helmet yet). The shoulder strap issue is taken care of. I'm assuming I have to dye the ammo pouch on my shoulder. Blaster is on the way and I'm pretty sure I'm good to go. That is, until I want to get deployed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard back from 501. I've got some more work to do...

I've been having problems with the shoulder straps from day 1. The shoulder bells connect to the strap that hold the chest and back together but the weight or angle of the shoulders pull those straps down and it looks funny. I have pretty broad shoulders but when I tried to use more elastic to relieve the pressure on the shoulder straps there was too big of a gap between the chest and shoulders. :6:

I'm thinking I'll have to reinforce the shoulder straps so they can't get pulled by the shoulders.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried to use wider elastic?

That, and u can try and reinforce it with double elastic for the shoulder straps.

That could work.

---- Edit

Oh! Sorry, Didn't read that you had fixed it.

hehehe...

The weathering is starting to look good. With a couple more layers it will do the trick for sure.

About the pouch. Yep, it needs to be darker. Black is the most common option but I think you could just dye it very dark green (I did that). There have been some discussion about if the pouch is really black or a very dark green or olive.

Either way you are good to go!

Saludos

Hey Aaron, nice work so far. But your armor limbs all seem a bit too "big" in diameter. Do they fit you correctly? I see some big gaps in the thigh / knee area, and the shin openings seem really big too. The forearms (right one) seems really big too.

Is it possible to close them up at the back a bit more?

*EDIT* Wait a sec, is that being displayed on a mannequin?

Hey Aaron, nice work so far. But your armor limbs all seem a bit too "big" in diameter. Do they fit you correctly? I see some big gaps in the thigh / knee area, and the shin openings seem really big too. The forearms (right one) seems really big too.

Is it possible to close them up at the back a bit more?

*EDIT* Wait a sec, is that being displayed on a mannequin?

You freaked me out for a second! Here I am thinking everything fit pretty well and I had just enough gaps to be able to move. It is on a mannequin. Those things are freckin expensive! I ran across a cheaper one but it was 6'3 so yeah, the armor doesn't look quite right on it, but it's better than having everything on the floor.

funny...

As for the weathering I'll hit it again tomorrow and probably do some on the bucket as well. If I get a chance to get to the hobby store i'll also buy some dye for the ammo pouch (probably black, but with the color already who knows what it'll turn into).

As always I appreciate the help and advice!

Helmet is done and second/third coat of weathering is done on the rest of the armor. I dyed that ammo pouch. I used black dye but it came out somewhere between what it was and black, but it looks good (old and used) . I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.

Now just waiting on FedEx for the blaster.

I dyed that ammo pouch. I used black dye but it came out somewhere between what it was and black, but it looks good (old and used) .

Sounds perfect man!

You know it's not supposed to be "jet black" but more like "really-dark-green-that-shows-up-black-in-photos." :duim:

Sounds perfect man!

You know it's not supposed to be "jet black" but more like "really-dark-green-that-shows-up-black-in-photos." :duim:

LOL!!

Yep! Thats the color it should be...

Ask fot it over the Home Depot, you can get it in different brands and presentations!!

LOL!!!

I just used black cloth dye but did not left the pouch in all the time it was supposed to be.

Saludos

I was thinking I should give the pouch another bath in the dye but after looking at yours (Nol) I think it's perfect.

Blaster should arrive today!!!!

Introducing TD 9662.

Just got approved today!

Thank you to everyone in MEPD for your advice and help throughout my build!

When Summer is over I will start working on getting deployed (Summer is pretty busy for me at work).

Again, thanks!!

WELCOME to the brotherhood man!!! (not that we didn't consider you one already)

Yes, now we need to gets you deployed so you can sit at the cool table. B):P

Congrats!