Think I am about ready, looking for opinions

Plastic Fury

We had a troop this evening and I had a handler grab a few quick pics of me with my camera before hand. I want to add a bit more weathering to the pack and in the pics, my tool box cover is obviously non-canon with my squad decal on it. I have a canon cover as well that will be on for my deployment request pics ( I will also take a better set of pics as you can't see the three ab buttons in these and close-ups of my belt/shoulder straps). I think I have nailed everything but just wanted to get opinions from the masters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do the dials on the radio have to be black? I kinda like them as they are but will paint them if necessary, I have a dial decal on the way from TK4510 (eventually plan to trick that out with lights and sound anyway but for now). I followed Scooch's awesome tutorial for the pack, that was fun but I certainly see why they are not cheap to buy built lol.

Any opinions are welcome, good or bad.

Very good looking TD man! Good jorb!

No, the dials don't have to be black. They were black in the films, but what you have is far more accurate than what I started with (no offense rb). I'm not paining my radio "all black" either... though my dials are dark, dark grey. I like to see the "SONIX" sticker on there and everything.

Great pics though. You're gonna be a shoe in for deployment when you're ready I think.

One thing... I can't tell if your left trap under your eye has the necessary "blip" of black on it in these pics.

Just kidding. ;)

the only thing i can see is you have 5 teeth cut out on both sides of your helmet and i think its supposed to be 4 other then that i think your golden man

Whoa... good eye man! I didn't even notice / look.

Yes, that's true. If you do have 5 teeth per side you'll need to fill one in.

Not a big fix at least.

Well... Those 5th teeth and you would need to remove your squad sticker from the tool box... At least for the deployment picts.

Other than that, it looks great!

Good job bro.

Saludos.

Yeah I have a second toolbox lid that will be used for canon troops and for my deployment pics, so no worries there. As for the teeth, I knew that would have to be changed, I have two small pieces of abs that I will just glue in behind to take care of that, easy fix.

Yeah I have a second toolbox lid that will be used for canon troops and for my deployment pics, so no worries there. As for the teeth, I knew that would have to be changed, I have two small pieces of abs that I will just glue in behind to take care of that, easy fix.

yup just do that and paint em and i think your ready to request deployment

looking really good man

the only thing i can see is you have 5 teeth cut out on both sides of your helmet and i think its supposed to be 4 other then that i think your golden man

good job

Whoa... good eye man! I didn't even notice / look.

Yes, that's true. If you do have 5 teeth per side you'll need to fill one in.

Not a big fix at least.

Wait, wait, wait! Do not fill in the fifth tooth if you have already filed it out. Some of the stunt helmets in ANH had five teeth cut out. Don't believe me, check out these two photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry to derail the thread...

Your suit looks great and I really like your weathering! It sounds like others have hit the nail on the head, just a bit more weathering and you should be good to go!

Wait, wait, wait! Do not fill in the fifth tooth if you have already filed it out. Some of the stunt helmets in ANH had five teeth cut out. Don't believe me, check out these two photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry to derail the thread...

Your suit looks great and I really like your weathering! It sounds like others have hit the nail on the head, just a bit more weathering and you should be good to go!

well **** i wish i didnt do that then cause it said four on the requirements page i think me and ben filled them in

I think I count three helmets with five teeth cut out in the top photo, but someone would have to let me know if there are any TD helmets shown on screen with five teeth cut out before the CRL could reflect that.

ill look and try and get you a shot of it

Awesome! Just to clarify: I won't deny any Deployment Request because there are five teeth cut out. I will deny a request if there are only three.

went through the whole sandy part in slow hd on my pc and i didnt see any with 5 teeth but they all had 3-4 teeth cut out

Awesome! Just to clarify: I won't deny any Deployment Request because there are five teeth cut out. I will deny a request if there are only three.

This can be updated in the CRL as soon as the new MEPD website is unveiled.

Good to know!!

Haha that photo is why I went with the five teeth in the first place, I have always liked that look best and if it can be left that way for deployment, I will leave it for sure. I will work on the pack weathering a bit more then gotta send in my pics for my TD to my GML for approval, then I'll submit here for deployment, can't wait.

Haha that photo is why I went with the five teeth in the first place, I have always liked that look best and if it can be left that way for deployment, I will leave it for sure. I will work on the pack weathering a bit more then gotta send in my pics for my TD to my GML for approval, then I'll submit here for deployment, can't wait.

Great bro almost done.

Cool looking sandy.

Saludos.