One step closer!

Theo

After several meticulous days of assembly (about 15 hours total), I am one step closer to having armor! I've got all of the parts (except the smooth forearm pieces that were accidentally ommitted from the box, and are being shipped as I type) trimmed and sanded, ready to start gluing as soon as the missing pieces arrive.

In the mean time, I've managed to fully assemble my bucket!

Posted Image

(more pictures)

I still have to do some detail work (the black borders around the trapazoids, and teardrops, the black stripes on the ears, and some edge work for the chin and frown), but it's essentially done. Let me know what you think.

It's a GF kit. Unfortunately, I don't have any shots of the armor yet. Its all trimmed (except the missing forearm pieces, and ready to start gluing, but since I can't hit my Halloween target I'm going to go extra careful.

On a different topic, why call the AA/SDS bucket 'dodgy'? I thought those were done with the original moulds.

Well,it was 'claimed' to be from the original moulds,but more like from a prototype helmet that was made after ANH(the one with the ribbed back).Just like AA is claiming his new armour is fromoriginal moulds and it's a TE recast(albeit reworked a little).

Your helmet may have a GF face,but that cap/back is not.Looks AA cap,maybe GF back.The GF helmet dome seems to be tapered more from the front,more 'pointed',where this one isn't.Anyhow,don't want to get off track here.Looking forward to seeing your armour pics!

On a different topic, why call the AA/SDS bucket 'dodgy'? I thought those were done with the original moulds.

Oh ****, TAKE COVER!!!!

No ****....quick, someone take this discussion over to the RPF! Stat!!

No ****....quick, someone take this discussion over to the RPF! Stat!!

Yes, please do. This conversation has only taken place about three-hundred times already. I have a thread lock ready and waiting.... On a lighter note, like prop master said, it is widely believed that the "original" moulds had been either heavily re-worked, or from a prototype non-screen used helmet.

Oh, well. Since I accidentally hijacked my own thread, I may as well ask a now kind of related question here. What is the actual URL for the RPF? I've found a bunch of references to rpf.prop-planet.com, but it gives me a page full of references to airplanes and propellers, but not a replica prop (much less a forum about them) in sight.