Drop the Foreign Language Forums?

FIVE

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we blast the foreign language forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care as long as we can blast Jawas.

The command staff (and iconoclasta_88 specifically) have come up with a good solution to this.

We're going to change the foreign language forums to a Foreign Language FAQ section which will contain a sub-forum for German, Spanish, French, and any others we might feel needed. Each section will contain the same questions and answers and will be locked... purely read-only forums.

The questions we've come up with so far are...

• Where do I get Sandtrooper armor?
  • How do I become part of the MEPD?
  • Do I need to be 501st to become part of the MEPD?
  • What is Deployment?
  • How can I reach Deployment?
  • Where can I get all the Sandtrooper gear?
  • Who can I contact on the forum that speaks my language?

So... with this we are going to need a language speaker for each of these sections. If you want to simply post here that you're available for a specific language that would be great. We will answer the questions the same in each section... just need translators.

Sound good?

Perfect!

Well im not in the MEPD "yet" but i dont speak english so good, so, sometimes it difficult to understand the interesting post to can doing a better job with the sand, sometimes i have to ask my friend iconoclasta cos' i dont know whats the real meaning of some words that you write...

I had a post where I was showing my progress wih my TD armor, where is it??? is to lost all of my progress information ??? many times its very important for a trooper to show his progress, not just people who speak English should keep their post, its important to make us feel confident and know that we have your help, if you speak English, Spanish, French or any other language...

So if you decided to remove the Foreign Language Forums, please give some help if someone who does not speak English need it...

TD 8330 out...

I do agree with you on many ways joeki, that's why I've been trying to make everyone understand why we need to keep a section for non- English speakers over here. But just as you said, if when posting your progress in the English language forums you need any help, I'll be more than happy to help you and any other Spanish speaking trooper. Please feel at home, you are a td and you are here, so you already are part of this detachment.

But please understand it is just impractical to keep a whole forum for a couple of users.

I woul like to see your post on the main forums and will be happy to help if you need it.

Estoy de acuerdo contigo joeki, por eso trate de hacer ver que necesitamos un foro abbierto e incluyente para quienes no hablan ingles. Pero tambiƩn es cierto que no es practico tener toda una seccion para unos cuantos usuarios. Te ofrezco mi ayuda para lo que ndcesites. Y ojala pronto podamos publicar tus avancrs dn dl foro general. Si necesitasi ayuda no dudes en pedirla. Con gusto te ayudare s ti y a cusquier hispanohablante que lo mecesite.

Saludos.

Hello. I know Iconoclasta_88, has offered to help the Hispanis language speakers. If you need someone but I am willing to help too.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hola. Se que Iconoclasta_88, se ha ofrecido para ayudar a los hablantes de lengua Hispana. Si necesitan a alguien mas yo estoy dispuesto a ayudar tambien.

• 2 weeks later...

I do agree with you on many ways joeki, that's why I've been trying to make everyone understand why we need to keep a section for non- English speakers over here. But just as you said, if when posting your progress in the English language forums you need any help, I'll be more than happy to help you and any other Spanish speaking trooper. Please feel at home, you are a td and you are here, so you already are part of this detachment.

But please understand it is just impractical to keep a whole forum for a couple of users.

I woul like to see your post on the main forums and will be happy to help if you need it.

Estoy de acuerdo contigo joeki, por eso trate de hacer ver que necesitamos un foro abbierto e incluyente para quienes no hablan ingles. Pero tambiƩn es cierto que no es practico tener toda una seccion para unos cuantos usuarios. Te ofrezco mi ayuda para lo que ndcesites. Y ojala pronto podamos publicar tus avancrs dn dl foro general. Si necesitasi ayuda no dudes en pedirla. Con gusto te ayudare s ti y a cusquier hispanohablante que lo mecesite.

Saludos.

I understand a little English I know a little better in Spanish,

I'm still trying to learn English and tell you that at 49 years it is hard:)

Unfortunately for now use translators