MEPD 2010 - What's happening?

FIVE

I thought I'd take a cue from Daetrin at the FISD and share with you all our goals and hopes for the MEPD in 2010.

First off... our command staff for the year is as follows...

CO / DL (commanding officer / detachment leader) = Noel Green: Nol

XO (executive officer) = Tony "Guns" : TD-2581

SAA (sergeant at arms) = Rolf: TD-252

DO (deployment officer) = Zac: theGreatSot

MO (moderators) = RoCKo, Rick: Dirty Boy, Juan: iconoclasta_88, and Ben: bountyone

MD (merchandising officer) = Chuck: chuckrick

I've brought on more moderators, as you can see, to help with the expected increase in forum posts this year.

Now the goals... here are a few we have for the MEPD in 2010. These aren't listed in any specific order, they're simply things we are planning on and hoping for right now. Some of them are already completed... and we believe the rest of them are all totally attainable though with your support!

1) Redesign & upgrade the MEPD forum and website to be more "TD" looking and to allow easy updates of deployed troopers, content, and photo galleries on the main website. DONE!!

2) Redesign & upgrade the MEPD website proper to match the forum's look and feel, have correct information and be more easily updated by staff.

3) Create a database of reference photos / links to photos. I want this to be tied into the CRL so that when it says, "such and such is needed" then you can click on that and see a photo.

4) Compile a tutorial / reference guide for sandtroopers. I did this for the "Men in Black" a few years ago as a spoof and had a lot of fun with it. We envision this being a printable PDF and also an online / on-forum resource.

5) Get more swag out there and available for MEPD members / sandtroopers. T-shirts, decals, whatever!

6) Integrate the MEPD into the "whole" of the 501st more firmly so that it is recognized as viable and valuable detachment and so that members do not feel "separatist" — in bad ways... and... at the same time... strengthen our individualism as sandtroopers by making the distinctions between TD, TK, HWT, and so on more clearly delineated.

7) Review and update the CRL for deployment.

8) Increase our active forum members and deployed troopers! B)

Those are our main goals for now. I will post more on here as I think of them. Feel free to comment, add things you'd like to see, etc.

I believe we can meet every one of these and am excited to have you all as a part of it!

Nol, your list is looking very good!

I especially like topic 3 as this would be the key-factor for anyone needing help with and planning to build up a TD suit - looking ofrward to it!

Cheers

Patrick

Great goals Nol..great goals for 2010.

And the staff is looking good too.. :duim:

The #8 goal is a goal especially important I think.

Peoples interests need to be stimulated all throughout the year and the most important part, at least for me, is that people have fun in what they do and keep the "brotherhood" feel high.

You got my support and help to reach these goals Nol :td::salute:

Love your work, and ideas Nol (like we have talk about in the staff section).

I´m behind you all the way bro, and try to do what i can to support all 8 ideas.

Thanks for being a A+ CO from Day one, you have done a fantastic job all ready for the M.E.P.D ;)

CO / DL (commanding officer / detachment leader) = Noel Green: Nol

XO (executive officer) = Tony "Guns" : TD-2581

SAA (sergeant at arms) = Rolf: TD-252

DO (deployment officer) = Zac: theGreatSot

MO (moderators) = RoCKo, Ben: bountyone, Rick: Dirty Boy, Juan: iconoclasta_88, and Ben: bountyone

MD (merchandising officer) = Chuck: chuckrick

Wow you giving Ben double duty? :D

Love what you are doing MEPD is looking great, keep up the good work

Wow you giving Ben double duty? :D

Love what you are doing MEPD is looking great, keep up the good work

Haha... you'd think I could remember what I'd typed RIGHT after I typed it.

Fixed now though.

Fixed now though.

Dang... did I just do it again? :P

Haha... you'd think I could remember what I'd typed RIGHT after I typed it.

Fixed now though.

Fixed now though.

Dang... did I just do it again? :P

"Don't worry, Marty. Assuming we succeed in our mission, this alternate 1985 will be changed to the real 1985, instantaneously transforming around Jennifer and Einie. Jennifer and Einie will be fine, and they'll have absolutely no memory of this horrible place."

lol...

i myself use one of those assistance animals to help me with my typing. only problem is that

the chimp keeps flinging is crap at me.

anyway we appreciate all that html/java/flash/crazy sci-fi,space-time continuum-futuristic scary mambo jumbo typing you are doing