help for trimming

kenthork

hello, i start slowly trimming my te2 armor.

i already have a question about the back parts trimming.

i don't want to make mistake.

i trimm as short as possible to keep the good form but :

look at these:

what is the good way, right or left side (with blue tape)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

reference pics i found : seems to have two versions, with a lag and in the same direction.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

many troopers seems to trimm the two parts on the same angle or direction.

but what is really correct?

I think most try to go for the straight line look, and the split as you note is just below the belt. Also how it hangs can depend on your body - small or big butt.

Personally I'm in the former and needed a little padding on mine to sit right. It certainly takes a little adjustment - at least it did for me - to get to sit correctly as you lose that rigidity a solid plate offers.

One thing I guess you can take in consideration is how will the back meet the ab plate. They are supposed to close tight so as long as they close, and you have the belt in the correct place (button of kidney plate), it will look correct even if there is a small difference on the butt and kidney plates.

Mine is trimmed in one single line from butt to back, but then, I am kindof slim (no taking in consideration the beer gut), so it fits and closes right. If you can do it like that, then go for the straight line. If not, well... just place the belt in the correct way and make sure it keeps there using snaps or velcro or whatever. It will look right.

Just the way I did it. I hope it helps.

Saludos.

Option 1 is the right one, and to be screen accurate you want to take off a small square on the bottom of the kidney plate, look at the first movie frame you posted.

(cool picture was here)

TM armor is the only one that incorporates this small detail, along with other ANH nuances.

Very nicey nice!

I had yet to catch that. Is it on the TD as well??

thanks all bro's for all your reply, so i will wait to wear all the armor to see if it fit well.

i will probably doing this after all the part will be trimmed and glued

...and pablo, that's a great find :) , i don't really seen this detail again. many thanks, if it's enough large i will do this for sure !! ;)

Option 1 is the right one, and to be screen accurate you want to take off a small square on the bottom of the kidney plate, look at the first movie frame you posted.

Posted Image

TM armor is the only one that incorporates this small detail, along with other ANH nuances.

Pablo, I'm so proud of being your CO :D