501st Only boards

MiDri

I'm not yet a member of the 501st, and this board is not a huge offender of this; but a few of the 501st detachments hide all the stuff needed to get your armor right away behind the 501st member only areas. How are you supposed to get your suits up to par if you have to do a crap job first just to get access to the info?

I'm just wondering if there was a reason behind this.

actually this detachment doesnt hide any information in there. thats just merch stuff and so forth.

ALL the info you need to get your gear up to par is in the first few topics.

actually this detachment doesnt hide any information in there. thats just merch stuff and so forth.

ALL the info you need to get your gear up to par is in the first few topics.

Ya I thank you guys for that, the biggest offender of this is the clone boards -- I just was wondering if anyone knew why that would be standard policy?

Ya I thank you guys for that, the biggest offender of this is the clone boards -- I just was wondering if anyone knew why that would be standard policy?

Generally speaking, it should NOT be a catch 22 situation and to the best of my knowledge it's not that way on CT.net. However, as someone who knows Clone Armor rather well, it's a community of very die-hard, serious folks who tire of just giving all this information, tutorials, etc. to some young kid who doesn't have enough money, time, or skills to see the project through. Making Clone Trooper armor is a very advanced costume and requires a lot of skills and techniques you have to learn by doing something like Stormtrooper armor first.

So, in closing, we don't hide armor sales in 501st sections only. But, one of the main reasons this stuff is not super-easy to just 'click' and buy, is because it's all mostly fan made and NOT licensed. LFL does turn a blind eye to what the Legion does, but it could change at anytime.

I always keep in mind that guy in MD that got sued for selling unlicensed light sabers on a commerce web site and know owes millions.