DL election (attn 501st members)

SethB6025

I know elections are a couple of months away, but I would like to announce my intentions to run for Detachment Leader. If elected, I intend to appoint Tony "Guns" Sagun aka TD2581 as my Executive Officer. Here is my plan;

-Visible and accessible command staff. Simply put, if you raise an issue on the boards that needs command attention, or PM the DL personally, you will get a response within 48 hours. That means problems will be addressed and solved ASAP. If for some reason the DL or XO cannot perform their duties, there will be plans in place to ensure the detachment does not have to move forward without leadership.

-Regular deployments. We can make this happen, Josh has done a spectacular job going above and beyond his assigned duties to keep this place running. I will be giving & getting him back-up when he needs it. (any experienced MODs out there????) ---> http://www.sandtrooper.net/forum/viewto ... 41d2054628

-Attention to new recruits. Isn't it nice to get welcomed aboard? Wouldn't it be even better if one of the first replys was from the DL or XO? I sure think so. It will be that way again.

That's about it. It's simple. I promise I will make it happen. If for some reason I can't, I'll appoint someone who can. This is a great detachment, and it deserves attentive leadership. I'm here every day. PM me, I'll PM you back (simple, right?). That's it for now, if you've got a question or a request, post it here, or PM me.

Peace, troops.

TD 6025 aka Seth Busino, out.

(edited for spelling)

Hey gang,

I've often said that we all share a glorious past as sandtroopers, building on the accomplishments of Joe, Joey, Kevin and the rest of the veterans. And we all have a promising future as we take our "sandtrooping" further into the 2Ks.

It's no easy task keeping this site organized and running smoothly. Josh, thanks for all your efforts in updating our deployed forces! With that said, I commend Seth for his willingness to volunteer his time and efforts as the detachment leader. It's an awesome responsibility. I believe his vision for the future is clear and simple: Stay accountable to the troops and continue the high standards that make the MEPD and SANDTROOPER.NET "the best unit/website" this side of outer rim territories.

I encourage all our new sandies to "pull up some sand" and stay awhile - you're home! Read and learn from all those who preceded you so we in turn can pass on what we have learned to those dedicated souls who will surely follow. Feel free to share your ideas and your experiences - we are always learning!

As for me, I AM honored at the opportunity to serve in any capacity! I luv you guys! Whoa, did that come out of me? I need a Fresca!

Aloha.

Guns

As a relatively recent sandy convert, this board has been a tremendous source of help and ideas so the nominations are well deserved. Also good to hear Tony as the XO incumbent. He's been really supportive in our personal attempts to achieve 'what it takes' to be in the MEPD. Of course nice to see a fellow islander make the big time!

Totally agree that an official greeting from DL or XO to newbies would be appropo. Lets them know they're joining a team and builds cohesion imho.

I'll have some of that fresca now!

Aloha bro!

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I remember, once upon a time, I wandered onto this website without a "clue" on what do about my armor, pouches AND everything. I remember the veterans who welcomed me and eventually guided me here & there. I haven't heard from those sandies in a while. I hope they're ALL doing fine! Take care.

Guns

Aloha bro!

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I remember, once upon a time, I wandered onto this website without a "clue" on what do about my armor, pouches AND everything. I remember the veterans who welcomed me and eventually guided me here & there. I haven't heard from those sandies in a while. I hope they're ALL doing fine! Take care.

Guns

The funny thing is, I didn't even know this board existed until AFTER I had my Sandtrooper completed. Special thanks to former OLG member, Phong who helped me out tremendously. I'm going to be breaking out the TD this weekend to pummel the old thyme Ren Faire... down with the king, all hail the new Empire!!!

My goal is to get deployments going smoothly. At this point, anyone who is ready should send me their pics (helm on & helm off) to: razor6025@yahoo.com or post photos on the sticky thread "who needs deployment". I am cutting them out, and Josh is resizing & posting them on the website. If anyone can contribute photoshop help, we need it. (or if anyone wants to give me a copy of photoshop, Xmas is right around the corner ) Once we have some more things squared away, I'd like to see deployments running on a regular schedule. Maybe quarterly, that way if you post your info, you know when you can expect to see yourself on the MEPD website.

To TE:

My dear compadre! I certainly don't deserve the kind words, but thank you very much! I'm very "selfish" as friendships go AND I value yours - thanks bro!

In my pursuit of "excellence" in sandtrooperdom, the natural progression from my FX to TE was inevitable! In May 2005 I unveiled my TE sandtrooper armor here in Hawaii at the EPIII midnight premiere and proclaimed to be "Hawaii's FIRST most-screen accurate sandtrooper" thanks to the talents of TE! I've been joined by my fellow Pacific Outpost crewmember TK-7377 in the pursuit of TE armor excellence!

Finally, let us not get ahead of ourselves. As Seth mentioned earlier, the elections are still months away so let us enjoy the journey & the fellowship when we gather on the "best **** website" this side of the outer rim terrorities! (And let us always honor those who blazed the trails before us!) Aloha.

Guns

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome!! I got your guys back 100%.

Thanks bro!

Just wanted to update you on my "squeaky-clean" TE armor journey...followed your examples on your website and just finished up spray painting using the Rust-oluem - came out great! Also the thermal detonator is coming along nicely - got to get to Staples.

I'm finishing up the strapping system, velcro, elastic, etc. As soon as I get the Hovi-Mix from the UK I'll finish up the bucket. Photos to follow. Take care my friend. "Keep rockin" compadre!

Aloha.

Guns

ePS: I LOVE this little guy!

Hey TE,

Long time no 'see'! I hope the family is doing great. I know I keep promising to stop by (and I WILL) but I still have you and your wife's tickets to 'Aloha Land'.

I am still LOVING my ESB suit that I got from you...gee, how many years ago was that?! My ANH Sandie is doing great...thanks to you, and I'd still like to talk to you about another (or more) suits.

Anyway, don't work yourself to death...and don't be such a stranger! I'll give you a call so we can shoot the sh*%.

Take care, my friend...and I hope to be in your guest suite soon

• 3 weeks later...

I was skimming over the Legion Charter and ran across something very interesting. This quote speaks of the election of several different officers and the,

"...Detachment Leader are all voted on by members of each respective unit according to rules that unit has adopted."

Does the MEPD have rules established for the election of the Detachment Leader?

Where in the charter does it read that detachment leaders must be elected yearly in February? Just thought I'd throw this out because I was so ******-OFF about the apparent lack of movement on CMANavy's membership application.

Sorry gang - I need a beer!

Guns

I think the exact method may be at the call of the detachment. (Not sure if we can break with the election schedule, not saying we shouldn't though) Maybe our current DL could chime in? I think I can speak for both Tony and myself in saying we'd be happy to take the reigns right now, until legion election time, or have the vote sooner. At this point we are more-or-less acting in the capacities anyhow.

(edited for sp.)

• 1 month later...

Hello gang!

I hope everyone had a chance to enjoy the holidays. I wanted to resurrect this thread in the name of primo quality leadership!

The elections are now upon us and I encourage everyone who spends any length of time here at sandtrooper.net to VOTE!

If you haven't already please stop by this thread over the next couple of weeks to view the list of candidates for the position of detachment leader of the MEPD:

http://www.sandtrooper.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=792

Take care of each other & have a "IMPERIAL" new year!

Guns