TK to Sandy conversion?

SCORCH

Possibly thinking of converting my TK AP armor to a Sandtrooper.

So far I think I have to do the following:

Change Knee plate (need help where to buy or get this)

Change ABS section and three buttons (need help where to buy)

Remove stripes from tear and back decals

Weathering of course

Remove side boxes

Add pauldron

Add side and upper ammo pouches

Add backpack.

Anyready have my MG-15 (can be seen in here http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6004)

anything else?

thanks

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, there are tuts on these and you can cannibalize your drop boxes for the ab plate, and if you have spare ABS make the sniper plate.

One other thing you'll need to note is to ensure that your helmet is an ANH stunt, e.g. green lenses, eight total teeth, four bumps on ear caps, three screws per ear. This is more for deployed status, the 501st requirements historically were pretty low, though the new CRL includes them.

Here's the template I used.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jo...Mods_wScale.jpg

I'm not thrilled with the knee plate, though, because it's just flat. it looks cheap to me, although I doubt anyone else has ever noticed.

If I ever need a new one, I plan to contact TM about his (thanks for the heads-up, TM).

And yet another option might be to contact Ward. He says the new AM armor pieces work well with the old FX armor (assuming that's what you have) ...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=...40&start=40

I have diamond knee plates, 3 button strips and cheese grater hand plates available in ABS. PM me if you want any of these :)

Thanks troopermaster...I think I will try it on my own with left over materials...if you didn't live overseas I would consider it with shipping and all.

The bubble lenses are a no go on the TD... but other than that it's looking good! Just need to go patrol on Tatooine a while to gather some sand (apparently — based on the films — it only takes 10 minutes tops). haha B)

Looking good and I like the decals. For my taste it's a little heavy and doesn't come across as natural as it could. I'd suggest wiping away a little, and perhaps looking at photos of weathered items to get a sense of how to add some subtlety. *

* And yes, mine is not perfect either and could use some work, but that doesn't mean I can't offer a suggestion :)

Looking good and I like the decals. For my taste it's a little heavy and doesn't come across as natural as it could. I'd suggest wiping away a little, and perhaps looking at photos of weathered items to get a sense of how to add some subtlety. *

* And yes, mine is not perfect either and could use some work, but that doesn't mean I can't offer a suggestion :)

No problem..I was thinking of cleaning it up a bit as well....this is not final...photos always make it look different then in person..

I've been looking at so many photos :D anyways I'm not trying to get it too screen acurate I want sort of my own look but not too far off...

thanks..

thanks guys...cleaned it up a bit...added some blaster hits...

I love the blast marks...

Good job dude!!

By the way, is that a man cave I see??

I display my armor in a similar way.

LOL doesn't everyone have one...here is a quick photo..

Posted Image

LOL doesn't everyone have one...here is a quick photo..

Posted Image

Dude huge thumbs up!

I an still moving into my house and my man cave will ultimately be a garage convert. I have my armor in the livingroom up stairs.

BUT I love how you did gives me some great ideas.