Putting the Sand trooper armor together

I just got most of my Sand Trooper armor and bought some velcro to put it together...But my question is this...IS the Sandy put together as the TK is with a strap system?

Is the helmet to have foam padding inside? If so...how do you put it in and what kind do you use???

How do you put in the fans and where can I get some???

Also are the same kind of shoes for the Stormtrooper the same as for the Sandtroopers?

ShortTrooper (Diana)

I just got most of my Sand Trooper armor and bought some velcro to put it together...But my question is this...IS the Sandy put together as the TK is with a strap system?

Is the helmet to have foam padding inside? If so...how do you put it in and what kind do you use???

How do you put in the fans and where can I get some???

Also are the same kind of shoes for the Stormtrooper the same as for the Sandtroopers?

ShortTrooper (Diana)

Yes, same strap system.

Foam, yes indeed. I used some knee pads that I cut to the right shape, and glued to the interior:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fans, well I purchased a simple small computer fan, and put a switch on it and a 9 volt battery. The best place to put the fan inside the helmet, is in my opinion at the frown. That way the fan can suck some air into the helmet, and move the air inside.

Thank you for the information!

I'll check out the hardware stores and sports stores for the pads....and I'll see if I can find a good computer fan too.

I also wanted to ask...is it better to Dirty the armor when it is cooler and not as humid or can it be really hot and humid and it won't matter...will the humidity affect the way the paint is put on???

ShortTrooper (Diana)

humidity (whats that????) has a lot to do how paint drys. if you're in an environment that has lots of humidity, it will take longer for the paint to completely dry on the surface.

same strap system, try to glue the sections that are currently velcroed though. but that's a personal choice. doesn't really matter.

can use anything on the inside of helmet, hard hat liner, foam, football helmet padding, baseball helmet padding, duct tape, etc.

you can get small pc fans at Radio shack, or ebay, or local electronics store.

the boots are normally the same. however you can get away with similar boots as long as they meet whats listed in the requirements section at the top of this site.

You can get the CABBOOTS versions, which at the moment are the best and most accurate, and replace the soles with Vibram Soles, which has a more aggressive tread pattern, and a bit more sand-trooperish.