FBJ's new armour :)

firebladejedi

Freaking cool pictures Mark.

Cool mix, whit the DL helmet on the TM body armor, all in abs.

What kind of helmet do Pete have on, TM or TE2.

Looks freaking cool too.

(the TM suit is a beauty)

Mad cool police gun picture, i guess the cop put the gun on safe.

Before he handle it to you, and hope your hand plates did not puch it back on blast.

Thanks for the look of your day, love your suit bro :)

Thanks guys i am really pleased with how this suit has come together :)

Thanks goes out to Paul fo the great armour, Rolf for the equally great DL helmet! Also to Steve riveting for the great holster, John stormtrooper for the awsome latex handplates and rubber gloves. Also a big thank you to everyone on the mepd and fisd for all the insperation, tips and hints to building armour.

I think the pictures speak for themselves, the quality of the kit really does all the talking :)

Who wants to see some of the finer details?

I have glued on the shoulder straps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Painted the ab plate buttons, humbrol #14 french blue and humbrol #5 dark admiralty grey

Posted Image

And riveted the thigh ammo pack on the right leg

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the new way for strapping arms to me. Notice all 3 parts are connected together. Also having the arms seperate from the rest of the armour makes it easer to get dressed and you can take off the main body suit and leave the arms on if you need to.

I am using 1 inch black elastic in a continual piece holding the bells and biceps and then on the inside of the elbow a 2 inch piece of black elastic holds up the forearms. 3/4 inch black elastic is glued to the bottom edge of the bell to keep them in place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing much to see here, its all pretty standard stuff. But i have used dungaree bib and brace style adjustable thingymajigs so that the ab plate and chest plate are adjustable. This is so that i can move the parts up or down for a nice snug fit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The armour body

Posted Image

Posted Image

The finished belt, i used plastic weld to put the rivet covers on and the drop boxes are rivited to the 1 inch white elastic which is simply looped over the belt so they can freely move around

Posted Image

Posted Image

The legs with the sniper knee plate and ammo pack. The joining strips on the back of the calfs are 1 inch wide, where as the rest of the joining strips on the legs are 25mm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Before he handle it to you, and hope your hand plates did not puch it back on blast.

Ha ha. Love the idea that a G36 has a 'blast' setting. Any decent weapon would...

Great armour!

awesome!~ i love how there isnt a lot of black showing in the joints. but one thing concerns me...

how flexible are you? range of motion?

its a shame to get a bright shiny set of geas all sandied up now...

cant wait.

The troop i did on sunday was the first time i have worn all the armour at the same time.. and i was pleasantly supprised that i had no issues at all. Everything was where it should have been and i didnt need to adjust anything. No pinching anywhere and it was very comfortable.

Range of motion is fairly good. I didnt fell restricted at any time. The only trouble i had was with staires. In my fx kit i can run up and down staires as if i was not in my armour. I was also able to kneel down and sit. I dont think i will be able to in my TM, but that is not a worry of mine :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...