TE Fibreglass 'Set For Stun'

Ghost

After some interest in my SFS, I posted up an old topic with some pics... :D

As mentioned this is one of my favorite in my collection and really captures the look IMO:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

May redo the tube stripes at some point and paint them as opposed to the decals.

Please, please, tell me how you managed to secure your rubber brow piece on to the bucket itself?

It appears that you removed the ears and replaced them with "formed" ear pieces?

Thanks bro!

T :salute:

Please, please, tell me how you managed to secure your rubber brow piece on to the bucket itself?

It appears that you removed the ears and replaced them with "formed" ear pieces?

Thanks bro!

Tony

Its called 'trompe l'oeil' or for all us non French speakers out there '....to deceive the eye' :blink: .

If I remember rightly they're painted or pencil marked lines where the ears meet the helmet

cool or what? B)

Scott

I loved this fantastic helmet the first time you showed it, and I think I love it even more

now that I've seen it again. :)

It's a beautiful piece and you are one lucky sod for having it in your great collection :D

Thanks for showing it again

Absolutely fabulous!

The paint job on the brow trim is fantastic...I thought I was looking a rubber piece.

Makes me want to complete my fiberglass SFS helmet.

Great job Scott.

Thanks for the great feedback on this helmet, as mentioned I love this lid and got it for a steal :D

Billy is correct though, I bought it fully painted/weathered and the brow trim is part of the FG mold and just painted...I will take some close up pics as it looks like real rubber. The ears are also molded with the helmet and are not attached separate. I know No Humor Man is selling his SFS which has separate ears (very very rare!!!) but can't take any glory myself for this lid.

Respect to the previous owner/painter/weatherer/artist B)

That said I am working on replicating the STS and Move along lids, so hopefully will update that thread shortly, just need to cryogenically freeze the family again to get some me time :D

Really though this is a great family community and respect to all the members :salute: