Weathering version 2.0

iconoclasta_88

Ive been working on my armor a lot lately... making big improvements on it. One of the most critical parts as you know, is the weathering.

I tried to match the armor to my bucket but it was a bit more difficult than expected. Anyway, I am almost happy with it, I guess once it wears off a little it will be just right for me. I know weathering is a personal thing, but I am nor quite sure if I like it 100% or not. Maybe too yellow, but I think its just in the pictures...

I have always liked the less is more approach, but this time I think I went into more is more... hope not too much.

Anyway, here it is... What do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And....

Posted Image

One thing I dont like but fortunately enough it doesnt appear like that in person is the different whites of the bucket and armor...

Saludos...

Looking good to me - maybe you should take some pics in daylight without flash, as it might be causing the yellow to be so prominent.

And yeah, getting all that hair into the bucket can be quite a pain!

Posted Image

I usually wear a balaclava though and have them run down my back. But then dreads are another difficulty level I guess ;)

Thx for all your comments! It is really encouraging to hear such things. Most of the improvements on my armor were inspired by the great ppl here and your work...

Feel like a student getting good input from my teachers!

I will try and take some more pictures in daylight and see how the weathering looks.

Thanks a lot bros!

And regarding the hair... It is not easy nor comfortable to wear a ANH helmet with dreads. hehe. I had to stuff them around my neck face and the back of my head to hide them. They block the holes on the frown and even seal the bucket's hole, so no air comes in at all.

I dont know what Im going to do cause it is impossible to troop like that. Im considering cutting my dreads off anyway. In the meantime, I will have to keep using my old FX bucket for trooping and the TE2 just in special (and brief) events... too bad. Unless, I might find some way to hide them somewhere else... will try the balaclava.

Thanks a lot again...

Saludos

Juan

the suit looks awesome,,,but i always wonder why the packs always stay squeaky clean....not a critisism, just an observation

Thx bro...

I will weather the backpack, but just a bit using hairspray and actual dirt probably. Its just that I haven't found the time to do it. :D

Saludos