Oh my gosh! There's dirt on my helmet!

R2Dan

Right guys. We had a nice, warm and sunny day here in Germany so I thought I'd put it to good use and destroy the perfect and glossy paint finish I had achieved on my CAP lid the other week, as it's going to be my sandtrooper bucket.

And I really went to town with it, I'm not the guy for subtle weathering, I want it rough and dirty :td:

So here it is, the way I know me I'll keep putting things on and taking things off for another week, so it's done yet, but close to it, changes will be subtle.

Posted Image

earlier pic, I've taken off a little on the forehead after taking that pic

Posted Image

for those who would like to know, this is the finish I had to destroy...

Posted Image

So what do you guys reckon? I'm quite happy for now, except for some minor things I'll have to tweak

That took some cajones to do to that beautiful paint job you had on that bucket. How're your nerves? I know you were sweating doing this. Looks great to me. A little heavier than I would do but weathering is a very personal thing. I like it.

I just thought "what the heck" and went for it. It's no Sandy without the dirt, so there's no way around it anyway. Sometimes you just got to act like your balls are bigger than Chuck Norris ;)

That will take a while mate, but when I'm there you'll be the first to know :)

Maybe we'll get a chance to troop together late this summer! I really hope I'll be able to get everything together by August. Fingers crossed :)

Nah, Jens and me we're both in the far west of Germany - Ruhr area to be more specific.

Jens won't be there next weekend, but make sure to look for the longhaired weirdo cursing like a maniac trying to get those legs back on R2 ;)

Great! weathering job Dan ;) .

Like all ready post, its a very personal touch.

And i think you did a very good job.

You have many of the good parts done, like under the eyes, the chin area etc.

How long, are you whit your sandy.

Weapon, back pack, i know you got the pauldron all ready :D .

I've got the MG34 waiting to be finished, some backpack parts kicking about and yep, I have a nice pauldron already :)

Currently I'm saving up some cash to order a set or armour to go with that lid, and I'm waiting for my second pair of TK boots to be returned to me by a fellow Garrison member, so I can dirty them up ;)

Here's a pic showing the current status, kind of:

Posted Image

Another little update. I just weathered the first set of my new version latex handguards. Those come from new moulds and are super sharp, and cast in white latex. I will soon be offering those in a second run - the first happened on the FISD. I will be offering both the white latex version and the "classic" honey coloured latex version painted white.

Anyway, here are pics of the first "prototype":

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd do a little update. Some of my mates want me to have that TD done for our Moviepark event in September (right Jens? :P) which is going to be a tough one, but I'll try.

I'm pretty much done with the clutch DLT19 now, and have started on a backpack, which is not going to be 100% screen accurate, but it'll do for a start, as I have that deadline there ;) Knowing me, I'll upgrade it later, but that's half the fun anyway, isn't it?

The only thing I'm really missing is the armour :lol: But it's my birthday soon, and that should bring me a lot closer to solving this as well :)

In the meantime, I'm just geeking out with what I have:

Posted Image