R2Dan's backpack build

R2Dan

Okay guys, although I'm not reinventing the wheel here, I thought I'd share my backpack build progress with you here.

I just really started the whole TD thing, so there's not much to see yet, I did some work on the syphon though.

First, I bought a syphon on eBay UK, which I knew wasn't quite accurate, as the main body is sort of square-ish.

Posted Image

So when it arrived I had to figure out how to improve it a bit...

First, I cut off the topper of the main body, then I heated the devil out of it and pushed a CD-R spindle through the remaining body, forcing it to take a round shape. I was convinced I'm going to trash the syphon at that point, but to my surprise it worked quite well!

I left the spindle cover in it, hot glued it in place, then added a new topper I made from an acrylic sphere cut down to fit the diameter. I also cut off the extra details, followed by some filling and sanding, and that's where I'm at now:

Posted Image

It still needs a little more work here and there, but it'll soon be good to go. My first backpack part! Woo :)

I've got a few more bits and bobs flying around already. I might even give the radio faceplate a go and build my own one from scratch :) I'm not in a rush, so it might take a while, but I'll make sure to post progress pics here!

• 4 weeks later...