Real MG-15 for $599!

The only problem, is that they are so **** heavy for trooping.

But for display, the best :) .

One dude from my garrison, buyed a real ww2 MG-34.

He try to troop whit it, but only this one time.

I troop whit it for a few minutes, but gave it quick back to him :lol: .

Maybe the MG-15, is lighter in weight then the MG-34.

Also because you shall take the pipe out of the MG-15, for the right ANH look etc.

Troop on ;) .

a very good price for the MG15

maybe it is not so heavy like the MG34.

i only troop sometimes with my real sterling

maybe the MG15 is the same weight ? or a littel bit more.

I sold my real MG34 (to heavy)

What I would say to do, if you are wanting a super-primo blaster, is get the gun, see if they discount for the omission of the inner barrel. that drops the weight a bit. Then have the magazine formed from one like mine. My magazine weighs 4-6 ounces. Also, the seam line runs around the perimeter, near the back plate.

The only other good, as well as practical MG-15 I have seen (besides a real gun and the Cushman)... is the Sci-Fire. It does have a similar replication artifact – a seam on the magazine, that runs vertically, bisecting the front and back half of the magazine, right at the half-line. It is minor, but neither the Cushman or Sci-Fire are seamless.

From an objective screen-seen accuracy standpoint, the cooling barrel (without the inner barel) design is correct. There is no barrel for this gun in the movie. And clearly, in the screen caps, the barrel is not in the MG-15 in the desert scenes.

ANd the fact is, despite opinions on replication methods... we are trying to move towards a pure sense of accuracy. Right?

I may rapid prototype the magazine face and rear-plate to get a more precise pull, and it would make for a smoother magazine from the front and rear view.

Imagine a real MG-15, with a light magazine and set of scopes?

Here is the magazine currently made by Cushman. I think it would look great on the real MG-15 I posted earlier...

Posted Image

http://www.clone-empire.com/mg15angled.jpg

I am just wondering how best to tackle the scopes. So, for a relatively similar price for a high-end option, a de-milled gun, with hollow scopes and the magazine would look quite good... though, a tad bit heavier. I am contacting them about weight and bulk purchase prices.

:mellow:

Pardon me for askin' but how much does one of the real MG34 or what ever ir's named weigh in real life???????

By the looks of it I probabaly won't be picking up one real soon!

ShortTRooper(Diana)

I don't know the actual weight but I can say this much... you gotta be more of a man than me if you hope to carry it. I carried the real MG-15 a bit and it was tough... the MG-34... I think would kill me. It makes the MG-34 feel like a feather.

Yeah, a guy in my Garrison (Rob) has both a real MG34 and the MG15 - both are ridiculously too heavy to troop with.

But not too heavy to put on your wall and take down when your daughter brings a boy home. Another time and this would be mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you send me a pic of the rear-top scope and mount? You own one of these screen-used guns... am I correct?

Thanks a lot. Standing By.

John

If you wanted to be accurate to the movie, the only part you really need is from the rear aerial site mount forward on the gun. Everything behind the rear spider spider site is resin anyway.

Imagine all the "kids" who humped these things around the combat zones back in the good ol days..... Plus the mount.....plus the ammo.....plus their gear! :blink: Now you know why these were mostly "crew served weapons". :lol: