Non-TK/TD Helmet - Open Cover Helmet

WhiteCommandoV2

Sometimes, I see guys with alternate "cover" when they are taking a break from wearing a helmet. Sometimes, you can't hide in a break room at a Con or at hotel. I have seen a lot of Imperial hats, and Mike's Famous, umm, hat... the Wermacht Officer Dress Hat. That gave me an idea of another option. So, here is my option...

http://gallery.me.com/john.sale/100279

Those goggles were off of ebay... $10.00. I am getting a Veers lid, and I believe those goggles are pretty good for that... just paint the frames and tint the lens.

But, it gives an option to cool off, and look decent. I just need to add the imperial cog and MEPD badge. Anyone have a good .jpg of those? Please post in this thread.

What do you think?

John

...and Mike's Famous, umm, hat... the Wermacht Officer Dress Hat.

It was actually a modern East German officers cap. Not necessarily a nod towards Nazi Germany, but more in play with what Lucas was trying to convey. I don't wear it anymore, though, opting for the beret.

You have to admit... the goggles are a pretty good find (for a Veers Helmet). They were listed as German Military Motorcycle Goggles on ebay. As for the lid, some people could find it offensive (if they tried really hard)... but the same could be said about the current U.S. helmet – as some people actually find the design for the U.S. Fritz helmet offensive as well.

I saw on the Military History Channel, in one of those "Top Ten Designs of _____ " shows, a description helmets, and the M-35 was way up there (and the U.S. Fritz might have been number one). The dude describing the M-35 said the design was good at protecting the neck, and specifically the spinal cord.

Funny side-note (well, not really funny)... I did make the mistake of dressing as a Waffen SS Trooper to a Fraternity Party. There was a guy that wanted to literally kick my *** about it. However, there was another guy came to the party as Hitler. And I said... "Hey, I am sorry I offended you, but if you want to get angry, go talk to Hitler over there." and the dude walked off and got into Hitler's face.

I promptly excused myself and removed some stuff off of my outfit, put a police badge on, and the rest of the night was great.

Note to Self – Do... not... dress... up... as... a... GERMAN... Storm... trooper. k'Kay. I recommend nobody pull a "Prince Harry" at parties.

Oh well, no compliments. Another day wasted... so, where do I get the correct beanie? Send me the link.

:unsure:

Troop on,

John

:lol: here in germany you can get arrested for wearing anything like that...

How sad. Can you also be arrested for wearing an M17 or M18?

German military design is all over Star Wars design and props and the M35 is echoed pretty obviously in Darth Vader's ulitmate-mullet helmet (as well as samurai influence). But if you want to dress up as waffen-SS and not cause a stir you might want to join up with a WWII reenacting group. They are all over the US and Europe. You can wear the beautifully designed M35 to your heart's content (though you would have to correct the liner pins on your helmet to something more accurate). BTW, those goggles are beautiful. They look fairly star-warsy to me.

How sad. Can you also be arrested for wearing an M17 or M18?

German military design is all over Star Wars design and props and the M35 is echoed pretty obviously in Darth Vader's ulitmate-mullet helmet (as well as samurai influence). But if you want to dress up as waffen-SS and not cause a stir you might want to join up with a WWII reenacting group. They are all over the US and Europe. You can wear the beautifully designed M35 to your heart's content (though you would have to correct the liner pins on your helmet to something more accurate). BTW, those goggles are beautiful. They look fairly star-warsy to me.

only when the helmet or other things has nazi insignia.

:lol: here in germany you can get arrested for wearing anything like that...

That's so true :D ...when the European Soccer Championships were held in germany a few years ago the dutch fans made a funny gadget, but it wasn't appreciated by the dutch and the german authorities, so when you would've worn it to a game you'd be arrested.

But I got one.. :lol:

Posted Image

Goes great with an orange pauldron as you can see :lol: