TD Double Helmet Build

Ghost

Looking great! On the one you have to repaint: how about priming it with the reddish brown before the final white coat... if you look closely, you can see the colors - HDPE, Red, then the White..... just a thought for uber-accuracy.

I had already started it, but thanks for the advice. I have to rip the lid to match the tear under the right tube stripes, so will make sure any different colours showing are included.

Forgive me for asking but..........will you add the "pink" color? :D

If you planned to make it,with which paint?

The signatures inside have slight overspraying, and don't want to lose them so haven't planned on adding any colour to the inside. I will see though towards the end :salute: .

Hey Ghost, I do really love what are you doing with these helmets :wub: . I am doing the same thing with another helmet but mine is ESB style. I'm Looking forward to se more progress.

Cheers

A

Cheers for the comments Armando :duim: ...looking forward to seeing your ESB...love your work!

I have a bit of an update, just struggling to find time at the moment. I will be doing the tube stripes next, and they take me a lot of time to hand paint them as it is a pain to make sure there is no bleeding underneath the masking, but have a method which works quite well...just have to hand cut enough individual tube stripes for both lids :( Have painted most of the other main detailing, and tried to replicate them and keep them as rough as possible (well that's my excuse)...I am happy with both frows though :D

Then it is the final weathering/ageing stage which will also take a bit of time, but am looking forward to that stage. Here are some pics...

The 'Move Along' with it's brow set high:

Posted Image

I have lowered the 'Move Along' in this picture:

Posted Image

A bit of detailing on the trademark frowns:

Posted Image

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Had a busy Easter break, but finally got round to doing the tube stripes, which in my opinion are the biggest headache and take the most time. But to me they are the feature that have to be done right.

On looking at both original lids, I think the tube stripes are a bit longer on the Stop That Ship as opposed to the Move Along, so did them 1mm longer. Also the first few stripes on each are more straighter than the others, so used a lesser curve on those. There are a couple of similarities between the tube stripes on each, which I only discovered when studying them... I have not received actual measurements so have just worked them out from photographs...

Posted Image

Like on my Felth, I used airbrush masking film, which allowed me to accurately draw on the back prior to using the scalpel.

Posted Image

Used the Humbrol #14 again which turned out good once dry.

Posted Image

I am quite happy with the results, and have taken some more pics. The lids are taking shape now, but still have the weathering to do...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys :duim:

I need to pull my finger out and get these done. Just been so busy at the moment with work and family. Will hopefully get these done soon, but still quite a bit of weathering/ageing/wart-adding to do :D