story of a newbie and a studio pack

xeroroskk

hi all

my pack isnt finished yet,but im using the studio pack as a rough base

yesterday morning it was time to affix the koolade canister to the plunger,and i now realize i made the totally -stoopid- mistake of cutting the plunger nozzel,and not the canister

OOPS

and now the hole in the plunger can fit a star destroyer,and there is no foudation to affix the coolade canister to something, and now i have to wait to get another plunger

let this be a lesson to other newbies with modded studio packs

• 2 weeks later...

today i managed to get afew things for my pack,such as the plunger and some other things, and have mounted said plunger,as well as the oilcan down below and some smaller details,including a power outlet that looks to be fully functional

ive started working on the 'radio box' and might have a computer vent or fan on the diagonal box

also i will have an 'ARC comm-officer' or 'ARC sniper' theme to my second sandtrooper costume, and will have an antennae kit and a communications wire on my helmet, as well as a visor(much like biker scouts do) and some other things

but i have yet to figure out how to peirce the can to mount it onto the end of the plunger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, due to my kid brother graduating jr high school, the camera is currently full, and has yet to be emptied; so its another delay till i can post progress pix

truth to tell, i don't see why there had to be hoop-la about someone graduating jr. high.

(btw, currently watching SW at 30) ^___^ SO COOL!!!

(edit; afew days later) made some more progress on my armor, and except for the hugeness of the helmet, it looks to be complete within the week. revised pack needs boxes cut and painted, then mounted.

for the helmet, i plan to bondo and finish it, then promptly sell it for a smaller helmet (or maybe just cast & mold my own helmets)

sometimes i wonder why FX (and its variants) have such big frikkin helmets.

just so you know, ive got pix waiting to be uploaded.