SDCC09 - Sandtroopers - Report In

TD-443

Whose going?

Which days?

Hotel?

Other uniforms?

TD-443 Reporting in for EVERY G.D. day of SDCC09!

My SDCC09 Schedule:

WED- Plain Clothes

THU- TB w/ Mini TB

FRI- TD - (Friday is usually Star Wars Day)

SAT- Undecided

SUN- Undecided

I will be there Wed- Sunday...

Will be dressing up 3 maybe 4 days don't know yet..

This will be my 14th year in a row.

Will be parking my Expedition down stars (Hint IF you plan on driving to CC get early park down stairs will allow you to change in and out of your gear

and if you throw a cooler in your ride it makes for easy access to drinks all day long which will save you a ton of cash!)

I think it would be super cool if on one day we could all rock our sandy gear and march into the main hall straight to the Gentle Giant stage (next to the Legos)

and take over the stage!!

This was is what it looked like when the 501st took over the stage last year, and the crowed went nuts!!

In fact that's there I met Eddie and his family last year.

CC has been called the Mecca for sci-fi fans and anyone thinking of comming from out of town know that

if you spent every min of all 5 days in comic con you would not even come close to doing everything there is to do.

HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

**** if the house thing works out for me I will invite ever Sandtrooper from MEPD that makes the trip

to dinner/ barbecue at my house on one of the nights....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS Pro-registration starts March the 3rd

Holy crap!! That's me (Jango). The clean TK to my right is the AP suit I converted to my current Td. My friend Jeff wears my stormtrooper suits so I can wear my Jango. He will also be wearing my TD at SDCC, if we get to go. I see Ben's Boba thong. I take all 3 of suits, but with the TD and the field pack we'll be limited on space in my friend's plane. We might be only able to take 2 suits; the TD and my EpIII vader or the TD and my Jango.

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing!!!! Most some go there on preview night and leave a pit stop vehicle in the basement, then hitch rides from the hotels or friends house. I tried getting there about 7 or 8 and parking across the street. Major pain in the ***. Dragging a bin for about a 1/4 mile to the con sucks. :( I have parked at Qualcomm stadium and ridden the trolley in armor to avoid it, but thats bad news too. Takes forever to get there. Last year I parked downtown and rode a free bus from the lot. They stowed my bin and we pulled up right in front of the Con. Best way so far. The bus leaves every 15 minutes and there is minimal walking. ugh. :)

Jesus, what time do you usually get there in the morning?

My sister I swear has a Dr. in parking down stairs at the conventions center.

(One thing I did notice is that alot of people who already have there badges get there super early and take a nap in there cars until the the floors open.)

I will ask her for the info and will be posting it here. AND re-posting it

the Monday of the convention. Like I said I have been doing Comic-Con for a long time and know a few tricks to making it not such a cluster.

The pit vehicle is key!!! Last year I was able to slip in and out of my gear in between panels if need be.

All and all I had my SUV my sisters SUV and my brothers SUV down stairs and we had coolers with food, drinks and armor, so we spent zero money on food.

That with the fact I get free passes as a Industry Professional doesn't suck

Which brings me to the fact that allot more people qualify for free passes as a Pro then they think!!!

If you think you might qualify then you should at least take a look and find out

Below is a link to the pro-page and note that you will not believe what qualify under OTHER

If you run a web page. etc that has something to do with sci-fi you have a decent shot.

comic con pro page

"As Comic-Con has grown, we’ve experienced an increase in requests for professional badges. In fact, we now get over 10,000 requests a year! Part of this large number arises from some confusion as to what constitutes an “industry professional.” To qualify for a professional membership at Comic-Con, a person must work as a creator (writer, artist, etc.) or be an executive (publisher, editor, producer) in comic books, comic strips, animation, or other related popular arts. Professional status does not extend to support staff (sales, marketing, accounting, managers and administrative staff, IT, facilities, operations, etc.) who are not directly involved in the creative process."

Yep! that's the last time I wore the "Thong" to an event. Canon or not, that thing straight up sucks to wear! :blink:

I'll be there Wed-Sun. I will be wearing my TD Thurs & Fri but I hope to wear my new Chewie costume if it's done in time one of those days.

Ben I am dying to see your new Chewy.

If I was a TK I would buy Imperial Binders just to take a picture with you wearing them like in ANH

Already got some dude, Craig (Jango5204) made some for me last year for SDCC.