Filter part alternative

EDLITMUS

Okay, this is a bit weird, but bear with me. So... my wife bought a bath mat at Target for ~$12, so she could wash the dog without the dog slipping and sliding all over the place. She had it rolled up in a corner of one of the bathrooms, which is where I saw it and had an epiphany. The texture looks just like the air/oil filter on the white dial pack!

Here's a URL for the product at wallmart (only place I could find it listed online):

Rubbermaid Bath Mat

I went to Target to try and find another but couldn't find any more. So I bought a different one for the dog and have since used it to make this:

Posted Image

It needs to be painted and weathered, but I think it looks pretty good for a slightly used bath mat. :D

Any thoughts?

Here's the completed pack:

Posted Image

I think the tube needs to be both wider and a bit longer than the one I am using, but the look of it seems pretty good to me, especially considering how easy it was to make. And since I have a lot left over I'm sure my next one will be even better. :D

Congratz on a cool alternative bro! It actually looks pretty good on there. Hope you didn't get in too much "hot water" over it. :lol:

Nah, the wife is 501st, so she knows what's up. ;) Besides I bought a new mat to replace the one I used.

looks nice! great find!

IMO they used something very similar on the original backpacks, you can clearly see the ribbed section hanging down on some sides...

Posted Image

i tried to simulate that look on my custom made filter...

Posted Image

looks nice! great find!

IMO they used something very similar on the original backpacks, you can clearly see the ribbed section hanging down on some sides...

Posted Image

i tried to simulate that look on my custom made filter...

Posted Image

On my next attempt I'm going to cut out the webbing between the ribs and glue them closer together, I think that will help the look quite a bit.

Anyone have definitive height and width measurements for the filter?