How do you store your armor?

sportsanchor

I've often wondered how other troopers store their armor. I have three "Rubbermaid" plastic bins I bought from Target to put it all in. One bin for all the ABS parts, another bin for my accessories: backpack, shoulder pauldron, white shoes, neck seal, ammo pouches, etc... and one smaller-sized bin for the helmet. I'm curious if this is similar to others? Perhaps you have one huge bin to store everything in. Maybe you just leave it all in the back of your SUV on the outside chance you'll need to "Troop". Please offer some storing and transporting ideas.

I'm a Rubbermaid guy too!

I've got 2 boxes (big ones) that I split everything in to. I put the bulk of the armor in one, and the little stuff (backpack, pauldron, boots, pistol, and pouches) and the other. Takes work to go Trooping, but worth it!

I built a "mannequin" (more like a stand) for my armor, using some scrap lumber & pvc pipe. It's a cheeky sort of old vintage stormtrooper action figure pose, but it keeps it where I can see it. Except for right now, I didn't re-dress it after my last event.

postpixplskthanx!

I made a mannequin for my TE, but the arms look a little hurting. I need to pick up one of those soft posable ones.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont have an armor set yet,but i plan to have each costume in its own big box,with the exception of helmets,packs, and blasters,and perhaps afew other things that can be interchangable

and also coming with its own stand, and box foot pegs, sort of like samurai armor boxes

• 1 year later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would make this one rise from the dead...

Anyone have mannequin pics to post??? I'm interested in making one but wanted to get some ideas kicked around before I do. I may build one like Seth provided the link for...

http://www.dagobahswamp.com/projects/mannequin/index.asp

I have been looking at mannequins on ebay lately. Seems you can get a pretty decent one for about $120 shipped. I'm just looking for one that's not 6'3", as I am 5'9" and dont know how odd my armor would look on someone 5 inches taller.

You could always cut the torso or leg area down by 5" and reconnect it...he,he, he

I have been looking at mannequins on ebay lately. Seems you can get a pretty decent one for about $120 shipped. I'm just looking for one that's not 6'3", as I am 5'9" and dont know how odd my armor would look on someone 5 inches taller.

I just store mine in a rolling Rubbermaid container with wheels. Everything except the pack, BFG and Dewback prod fits.

That way, I'm ready to troop in a moment's notice!

Here's a couple pictures of my gear with the container they're stored in. If I remember correctly my wife bought it for me at The Container Store for $40. It has two wheels on one end, and it's a terrific container that fits everything except my BFG, dewback prod and backpack. My helmet even fits nicely in there!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing

Here's a couple pictures of my gear with the container they're stored in. If I remember correctly my wife bought it for me at The Container Store for $40. It has two wheels on one end, and it's a terrific container that fits everything except my BFG, dewback prod and backpack. My helmet even fits nicely in there!