Friends of Chris Peters (weibes,CAP)

gino

No I just don't check forums as often as you do. I wouldn't have even checked the MEPD tonight unless I was told that you were here string the pot again. I normally only check in here a few times a week. But to answer your question, since your so good about answering others...

Chris' actions are his actions. The only ones I answer for are my own and my family's.

As to my stance on recasting, it's quite public, and I don't want to wast the time on you retyping it so here it is:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...=3743&st=40

Last post.

That's no kind of answer.

Do you PERSONALLY support or denounce Chris' actions as a recaster?

It's one or the other. Don't pussyfoot around with some mealymouthed answer.

Which one is it. If it's not one, then it HAS to be the other.

Do you have enough integrity to answer the question as I have asked it to you?

I could ask it in a different way if it make it easier for you to answer.

A. Do you think Chris (or anyone) recasting other member's work is a good thing and should be encouraged

B. Do you think Chris (or anyone) recasting other people's work was terrible and believe anyone who does it should be disgraced.

A or B?

I'm very interested to hear what you have to say, especially with you being the DL of a 501st board with the power to ban people because they engage in anti-recaster debates.

Can I just ask why the only time we ever see GINO (I am capitalizing this because it is how the screen name is listed, not because I am yelling!!) on the FISD or MEPD is for crap like this, or to point out where someone else is wrong, but provide nothing other than "trust me, I know better, and I would show you if you deserved it, but you don't. So just bow down and thank your lucky stars I was born, because without me, NO ONE would have anything!!!

As far as the recasting goes, I believe if you have worked hard and put your efforts into something, anything, it should be respected. I also know it does not happen, and that is a shame. If someone wants to cast your stuff, they should ask. I f you say no, they they shouldn't do it, period! Two wrongs don't make a right, and this can go around and around, so I will stop there. (insert chicken and the egg thing here!)

Heck, several years ago a co-worker and I designed a process for dealing with transferred calls in a Voice over IP (VoIP) environment to improve call quality. We even shared it with Nortel (A PBX vendor with who's product we were working on at the time) to see what they thought. 6 months go by and at a conference I learn about a new feature that does just what we were working on, and there starring me in the face is OUR Feature briefing; almost word for word!! I went to Nortel and asked if that was our stuff and they admitted it, and even said thanks. When I asked for it in writing or a "provided by" tribute, they said no way!!! No acknowledgment was made, and no public knowledge of our hard work was ever know but for a few people.

So, I can say I have spent hours and hours and hours of my own time and energy to have someone else steal my work and not even give me a nod, so GINO you cannot say I have no idea what I am talking about. (heck, we never got a dime, so I am worse off than I thought)

What I can say is there are two ways to go with this. One is to simply recognize this exists, and do your best to avoid interactions that will add to it, or whine about it every chance you get, and demoralize every person you meet simply by making them feel inferior by your words.

If you would stop and read, there are many people who do appreciate the work and effort it took to get a screen accurate bucket. There are many people who will say that they are so glad people like GINO and TE existed for the sake of the hobby. It gets us closer to the screen than ever before. But it is when those people start to feed on that ego boost and demand to be worshiped above and beyond the admiration already in place; people start to throw stones. I am not saying I condone it, I just see it.

I could ask it in a different way if it make it easier for you to answer.

A. Do you think Chris (or anyone) recasting other member's work is a good thing and should be encouraged

B. Do you think Chris (or anyone) recasting other people's work was terrible and believe anyone who does it should be disgraced.

A or B?

I'm very interested to hear what you have to say, especially with you being the DL of a 501st board with the power to ban people because they engage in anti-recaster debates.

My answer is C: I do not believe recasting is right, but I also do not believe that recasters should be disgraced, burned at the stake or otherwise. They are human beings after all (but I'm sure you'd argue otherwise), and it's not like they are child molesters, murders, etc...

Also you were not banned on the FISD for your anti-recaster thread, a discussion is always welcomed. Besides it's not like it's the first 501st detachment you have been banned form for your poor attitude, baiting, and flaming.

My answer is C: I do not believe recasting is right, but I also do not believe that recasters should be disgraced, burned at the stake or otherwise. They are human beings after all (but I'm sure you'd argue otherwise), and it's not like they are child molesters, murders, etc...

Also you were not banned on the FISD for your anti-recaster thread, a discussion is always welcomed. Besides it's not like it's the first 501st detachment you have been banned form for your poor attitude, baiting, and flaming.

There was no 'C'

If you do not believe recasters should be disgraced, then you support them. Period.

You can't slice it any other way, that's what it means.

Glad to know where you stand.

Shameful.

But I already knew that because of your support on Chris' DIY prop forum. I just wanted to hear you admit it.

And BTW, the other 501st board I was banned from was because I refused to share the a fabric source for the guy that runs that board. Nice huh.

• 1 month later...