Pauldron Help

Chaz

De-gloss it? Perhaps use some steel wool to buff down the shine. As for weathering, I wouldn't paint anything, instead, do a good dusting with Tan fullers earth affixed with hair spray, with some extra in the seems. Do the same for the black one, too.

The white one is a different story.

Yeah, what he said. Mike is the Lord Master of this Realm.

De-gloss it? Perhaps use some steel wool to buff down the shine. As for weathering, I wouldn't paint anything, instead, do a good dusting with Tan fullers earth affixed with hair spray, with some extra in the seems. Do the same for the black one, too.

The white one is a different story.

• 4 weeks later...

agree. i've seen Mike pauldron up-close and personal. it's the way to go.

the orange one just do what he said. i have used motor oil, fullers earth and spray paint all on different pauldrons with varying levels of success.

the white one, which i currently use i had to use other methods, that probably wouldn't work as well on the orange and black ones.

• 6 months later...

Hey all,im just using a Gloss Preserve It! spray by Krylon,spray then damp it with cloth :) ,before i do it i make sure to cover all the black areas

Turn out like this

Posted Imagenot too gloss and not too 'matte' :D

Unfortunately i'm using the wrong tgype of cloth,so it has some fabric leftovers,but im quite happy! :D

Posted Image

Cheers

• 6 months later...

I am looking to weather my orange pauldron, Mike suggested using tan fullers earth, does anyone know where I can get that? haven't been able to find anyone who sold that.

Thanks!

Hi...I could not find that here as well...so I used...some colored grout dust...works great..

Hey bro,i think it depends on how you want it,i personally like if the pauldron's not too dirty and had smooth surface.

SO i just used rough cloth with very little amount of my weathering's paint and apply first on the deepest areas

If you want more extreme finish use velcro's loop and add(just a little,its best IMO)weathering's paint of your choice.

There are several techniques you can try on earlier posts by others B)